offline rss?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Super20, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I'm kind of new to RSS feeds and just started to mess with them yesterday. Downloaded a free RSS reader for my iPad and thought I downloaded some feeds but when I went to read them on the flight yesterday, nothing there. Is there an RSS reader that will actually download the stories for offline viewing? Or is there a way to make it that way? I only have the wi-fi iPad. Any help would be really awesome in the way of the right app for the job.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Look at Reeder (RSS) App and Read It Later (off line reading) combination for a good method of reading things off line.

They work well together and both Apps are very nice. There are others but I happen to like those two pretty well. NewsRack is another great RSS App that will work in combo with off line reading or saving items for later to read while off line.

Instpaper is another great off line reader App.

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. I need to have both of those to make offline reading possible though?

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

It's one option i guess, the off line Apps tend to offer a better reading experience meaning you get all the content rather than portions of the article.

5. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

Reeder can be setup to have articles available to read offline within its settings.

6. nanohits macrumors regular

nanohits

Also check out NewsRack. You can also read offline as well as it will download all the images. IMO its a better app than Reader as well as it has more features.

7. superflush macrumors 6502a

I would definitely get Reeder. You can set the number of articles that you want cached for offline. (NewsRack is good too. I used that as my main RSS Reader until Reeder came out)

Also, if you want to read a fair amount of stuff offline and in a nice format, you should definitely get Instapaper.