"Offline" send text from iPhone to Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by myronke, Jul 16, 2010.

1. myronke macrumors newbie

Hi there!

I've got two phones - an iPhone and a Windows Mobile HTC device.

Now I would like to write text on my iPhone and send this to my HTC with Win Mobile. This has to be "offline" since I cannot use my data- or GSM-connection on my iPhone (I'll be in an foreign country and wanna save the costs). So e-mail or SMS is no option.

Is there any workaround to get the data (text data only) from the iPhone to Win Mobile device?

my ideas: via bluetooth (are there any apps - couldn't find any)? Another workaround: put the text to a contact and exchange the contacts? But how?

What are your ideas?

Thanks,
    myronke...

2. adrian.oconnor macrumors 6502

I've never used WinMo, but I bet there are wi-fi hotspot apps for it (like there are for Android). If you are/know a .Net developer, you can maybe get a very basic website running on your WinMo phone that you can access over the wi-fi hotspot from your iPhone, and that you can paste the text in to and have it copied to the WinMo clipboard. I'm sure you could do all of that with the .NET compact framework and cassini source, but again, I have no experience (or desire to gain experience) in WinMo or .NET Compact.