Offline Translator Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jomskylark, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jomskylark macrumors regular

Hi,

Does anybody know of a good translator app (language translator, spanish to english, french to german, etc.) that works offline? I've found a couple but they only work online. I'm willing to pay a small price ($3 or something) if necessary.

Thanks!

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I'm looking for one too. Are there any that speak out loud because there is no way I can pronounce French or German words clearly on my first Europe trip this summer.

3. iSaga macrumors regular

Check out the iSpeak series, I know you can get voice translation with that one. Not 100% sure about offline but I thought I saw that in their description. I haven't purchased that one yet but it sounds top notch.

4. Jomskylark thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, but I prefer an "all language in one".

Thanks anyway.

5. m4rkie23 macrumors member

is the ispeak range offline?

just checked on itunes....and no. once youve saved the result it is available offline

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What do you mean by "once you've saved"? You just said it was not available offline.

7. m4rkie23 macrumors member

it says:

8. Frankie'sMom macrumors newbie

Offline translator apps

A really good new language translation app just got released into the :apple: apps catalog. Its called Communilator. Its able to recognize and translate foreign text (books, newspapers, menus, etc.) in 44 languages and dialects captured with the iphone camera; of delivering translations in 3,000 language-pairs; of providing High Quality (HQ) Speech for translations in 21 foreign languages; of Voice Recognition* (4S iphone required) and a lot more.
    One of the features is the ability to save your favorite translations and the app automatically stores all your translations into your history. So even though the phrases require a data connection the first time they are translated, you can reuse them as much as you like off-line by going into your history and favorites folder since they are stored in your phone.
    www.communilator.com

9. queenieriri macrumors newbie

iStone Translation&Talking Travel Phrasebook($2.99) may be what you need.

10. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

Settings general accessibility speak selection, they have a few languages including English espanol French ....

You guys are lucky , my language is not supported

11. nico7812 macrumors newbie