Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

storychristoph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Howdy guys!

I just heard that YouTube is working on offline viewing for their iOS App. Do y'all think netflix could be working on something similar? It would be great. Thoughts?

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Howdy guys!

I just heard that YouTube is working on offline viewing for their iOS App. Do y'all think netflix could be working on something similar? It would be great. Thoughts?

no, not sure how YouTube would do it either. You would have to download the video to your device. It won't happen on netflix and seems useless on Youtube.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
I deleted the YouTube app because the quality of the videos were garbage even on LTE, I thought their stance on downloading videos was considered piracy and they wouldn't allow that. (hence the reason why they blocked Windows app because it offered downloads of videos)

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Howdy guys!

I don't think it would ever work as they'd have no way to authenticate your account.

Honestly, I'm more interested in Youtube NOT defaulting to HD (and offering no way to change it) so that it stops eating up my data just to view a music video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.