Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freddieleon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
I got an iPhone a few days ago...refurbished from AT&T because I was trying to be cheap and save money. It came with a scratch or so.. and now it crashes 5-10 times a day.

Am I able to take this to the apple store, sweet talk them and possibly get one of THEIR refurbished phones? I know that they give their refurbs new housing, a new battery, and nice new shiny plastic (not a deciding factor but a very nice plus :D)

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I got an iPhone a few days ago...refurbished from AT&T because I was trying to be cheap and save money. It came with a scratch or so.. and now it crashes 5-10 times a day.

Am I able to take this to the apple store, sweet talk them and possibly get one of THEIR refurbished phones? I know that they give their refurbs new housing, a new battery, and nice new shiny plastic (not a deciding factor but a very nice plus :D)

Yes, all their refurbs are under warranty. You'd have to go to the Apple Store. AT&T doesn't deal with iPhone exchanges/returns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.