Oh boy lol.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny Steps, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

So I finally got out of Sprint through a policy change argument.

Now I have the iPhone 4S I paid full price for... AND THOUGHT WAS UNLOCKED.. And have an AT&T Sim Card in my wallet I just signed up for.. but problem is.. they don't work. (Ironically though she had tried another person's Sim card and she said it was connect to AT&Ts 3G stuff)

The AT&T rep told me to call Apple and ask them to unlock my phone. But now I read that I have go through my carrier and ask them first THEN they'll ask Apple.

Sigh. Damn it. One problem solved, another arises.

Assistance/Advice anyone?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Where did you buy your iPhone?

eBay? Apple Store? A sprint/AT&T store.. etc

3. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Pre-Ordered through Sprint and paid the full price of $649 for early upgrade.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

That's your problem right there. You didn't buy an unlocked phone, just one not attached to a contract. Conversely, if you had bought an unlocked one, it wouldn't work with Sprint.

Your best bet would be to head over to Craigslist or eBay to sell it then buy a new one with the money. Unfortunately, no matter what you do, the one you currently have will not work on AT&T.

5. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I see. Damn. I don't know how to use Craigslist.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Not too hard. Try this.

7. Mikesus macrumors 6502

i just got out too... Just wait, you will get hit with ETF's despite the promises that you won't. Then you will have to call back and get them to credit it. The pain with Sprint doesn't end. They are like a clingy girlfriend that doesn't realize the party is over...

As to your phone.

IF you got it before 11/11 its unlocked for overseas. You can get a slight premium for that but you run the risk of getting ripped on Ebay. CL will be cash, but make sure you meet in a starbucks or something.