Oh Craigslist.. "Nearly new Apple Mac Tower"

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Sep 25, 2015.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

I've managed to find someone on Craigslist near me selling a "Nearly new Apple Mac Tower" for $800. There is only one photo of it, but it's a dead giveaway that it is, indeed, a PowerMac G5.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/sop/5226694755.html

I'd like to say something but if you're not familiar with Ohio, Akron is pretty damn ghetto and I'd like to not get shot over pointing out his Mac is only worth $50-$120 (Depending on what software he includes, if any).

2. cw48494 macrumors regular

cw48494

If it were a house from 2005, yeah fairly new.

3. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

That's still 10 years though.

4. Kaspin macrumors member

Kaspin

But it has "20,000 in video production" zomg!

5. cw48494 macrumors regular

cw48494

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean... It must be new!

6. RedCroissant Suspended

I would just respond with an offer of $80 and tell them why. They probably got it from someone that told them it was a Mac Pro and think it's actually worth more than it really is. Also, you can see baby stuff and a baby bag in the picture so I wouldn't worry about getting shot or anything.

That's one of the things that I do when I browse CL. I look at what might be in reflections or what type of cable is plugged in, or why there isn't a power brick included with an ACD...etc.

With a lot of people you can tell just by the pictures what types of things they are into. In one ad I saw a PM G5 in front of a MDD, that had an iMac G3 Tangerine hidden partially behind a curtain and a G4 cube tucked behind a white wireless keyboard. It turns out that the seller was grabbing a bunch of stuff from recycling centers and just listing them for big money because it had an Apple logo and knew absolutely nothing about the machines.

7. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

Reminds me a bit of my 17" iMac, the guy was trying to get $200 out of it and his main selling point was the "Chromed stainless steel neck" and after about 2 months I sent him an offer of 50 and we agreed to $60. At least he understood :cool:

8. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

Well you know it's good when it's OVER 9000!!