Oh crap. Here we go..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by laughingperson5, Mar 23, 2010.

1. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

So I had a cup of iced tea from McDonald's and I don't know how to quite explain it but,

You know how when you have a cup of water or something that's really cold, and you're in 70-degree weather, water starts to form on the sides of the cup?

Well, as you can probably tell, I took that cup of iced tea. One of the drops of water fell, and it landed right on the border of my MBP's trackpad.

-____________-||

I immediately wiped it off but is it possible that any of it went through the trackpad?

The trackpad's working perfectly fine. I just want to make sure that if any water went through, it's not going to mess up the trackpad or computer itself.

Please reply asap.

Sincerely,
    a completely freaked out MBP owner.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

one drop?

lol does it still work? i venture yes

dont worry about it

3. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Even if it did go through the corner, if it's just water, it should dry up just fine and not leave any residue (which is the problem with spills).

4. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

The term for the water on the outside of the cup is actually called "Condensation."

and like the people above me  said, you should be fine!

5. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah okay.

Thanks guys. I tend to freak out and OCD whenever the smallest things happen. :eek:

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

7. RT2020 macrumors regular

LOL... I couldn't count how many times I have splashed water, juice, coffee, etc on my Macbook Pro's keyboard and trackpad.

I need to eat while i'm busy pulling all nighters for work and school...so my computer takes a lot of abuse. But hey...that's why I paid big bucks for it... not so it can sit there and look pretty.

I do tend to have to clean my laptop every few days though...

I also dropped my ipod nano into my full cup of coffee once....it didn't turn on for a day, but then it dried out and has been working like new since :D

8. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Hey, better off playing it safe! As long as you're careful with what you do around your MBP, though, you shouldn't have to worry about any spill damage.

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i agree...itll be a costly mistake!