Oh [crap]!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Okay, I did something I probably shouldn't have (I won't go into details, it's nothing illegal, more something morally wrong), and now I'm scared as all hell. I didn't follow through on it, but it's still scary. And I think someone may have got my home address (I have no idea how).

What should I do?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

it would help if we had more details

are you the guy who was talking to that crazy guy on im or something??

3. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I can't really think much of anything thats morally wrong that isn't made illegal now days. I would say that the situation is kinda confusing that you did something morally wrong, but you didn't follow through with it. :confused:

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Well, I'm really not sure how to put it.

I was in contact with a chic, who I think somehow got my home address, who was interested in "you know what". I think she got my address and stopped by. Maybe it was some crazy person who looked similar. Either way, I'm creeped out.

Well, I should have said I didn't carry it out completely.

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

did you see her?? Did she knock on the door or try to sneak in?

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

She knocked on the door. I couldn't make out who she was, so I don't really know if it was really her, I didn't get a very good look.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I have a list of alternate possibilities:
    1. Could have been a friend of the people who lived in the house before me and my mother moved in
    2. A prostitute
    3. Someone with the wrong address

The person was definitely female.

7. calculus Guest

calculus

8. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

ya I would freak out too. I would just remain calm go buy a gun and if you see her again call the cops, if/when she tries to get in the house shoot her...

9. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm just freaked, I have no idea what the hell's going on.

I'm just trying to figure out how she got my address. I'm very careful about my personal info on the internet.

10. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

HAHA number 2 made me laugh. Unless your serious... But if you are still living with your mom then I would hope your not hiring anyone like that.

11. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

You really have no idea that it was her, it probably wasn't. Was there something that happened that made you think that she was coming to your house? (like you guys talked and she said she was coming over)

12. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

LOL, had to throw a bit of humor into the situation. Helps me deal with the problem. And no, I don't have the money for that.

13. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

No, I guess you're right. It could just be my guilt getting the better of me.

Though I did get to the point of asking her if she wanted to come over. I never gave her any personal info AT ALL!!! Nothing was even confirmed. I finally came to my senses, and realized what I was doing.

14. calculus Guest

calculus

I wonder whether you're just feeling guilty about whatever it was you nearly did...

15. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Woah, same wavelength.

16. calculus Guest

calculus

Well, that must be it then. I'd stop worrying about it...

17. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I just had a nice long chat with a good friend of mine. I'm feeling much better now. Wow, I need to play a video game or something. :p

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok wait up.

You met some chick online that you basically what...went into some sort of sexually explicit conversation with and then essentially attempted to invite over but gave out no personal information? Is this what you did that you think you were wrong about?

Well, there are no laws that state you cannot chat to someone online. There aren't laws that say the conversation cannot be about sex. There aren't even laws inviting the girl over. Where there are laws and what is morally wrong is if the conversation starts out like "To catch a predator."
    You: Hey
    Her: Hi lolz
    You: How old are you?
    Her: 10 lolz
    You: Ever been.....

You totally get my drift.

Was she young and you said come over? Then you have something to be afraid of.

But seriously now, I doubt it was her like everyone else seems to also believe. I think that you did something that you feel was morally wrong and because you've given us probably 1% of the entire picture we're just assuming you feel guilty for saying "come over" and then you didn't follow through. I personally think it's more than that but than again I am assuming you're at least 18.

I think you're ok here. Do you see an MSNBC van outside? Go look and come back and report in.

Ok maybe I was wrong and maybe you're 12 and she was older. My bad. ;)

19. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Basically, I made a few really friggin' stupid decisions. No, she was not underage, and there is no MSNBC van outside my house. I feel quite guilty about the whole thing, but you know what, screw her (not literally, like I almost did :eek: ), what matters now is that I betrayed myself.

Hey, 18 year olds can play video games too. :)

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No no I know. I was kind of kidding about the video game thing. I've had many of fun nights drinking a bit of wine and playing with my Wii...I have nothing to say about adults playing video games.

Glad there's no van outside your house. As for almost sleeping with her...who cares? I mean, really, if you both are consenting adults and neither of you are attached then what's wrong with that? Unless this is a waiting until marriage type of thing.

21. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That sounds a bit dangerous. :eek:

No, I just feel like I was being stupid. I don't really believe in waiting for marriage to have sex, as long as protection is used, or I'm really committed to the person. But I'd kind of like to get to know the person a bit better before I do anything like that. Basically, my hormones were getting the better of me.

22. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

You know... It's not that hard to find someone's personal info.
    It took me about 5 minutes to find your name, where you live, your phone number what your house looks, and what you look like.
    I'm way creepy. Don't freak out, I promise I wont stalk you!
    :p

23. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Your kidding me right? :eek:

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You don't mind if I LOL do you? :D it's a bit of a daft situation that! Almost as mad as the time my friend genuinely thought a woman in the middle of nowhere just wanted a ride home :rolleyes:

At least it's sorted. It sounds like you can relax, next time you want to do this be sure you're not living with a parent, or worse, a girlfriend!

25. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks. Though if I'm living with a girlfriend I think I'd be all set. ;)