Oh god, iCloud login and Apple IDs are absolute ****

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by intervenient, Sep 21, 2012.

1. intervenient macrumors 6502a

So first I'm told I can make an Apple ID using my gmail account I use for everything. Yay! Except I can't use Notes. Boo!

So then I'll just use my old me.com address...oh wait, I STILL can't use Notes. Oh well, I'll just make a new iCloud.com address

How fancy! This is nice! Let me just move over everything into one big consolidated Apple account...but wait, I still use my old gmail one that I log into iTunes with, and guess what, Apple won't let me transfer ANYTHING.

For shame Apple.

2. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

For your Apple ID you need to use a non-Apple domain. So that's your Gmail account. That's what I use.

You get a free @icloud.com (previously @me.com) when you sign up for iCloud. You don't need to use it but it is needed to sync Notes as they are stored in the same place as Mail as far as I know (not 100% though).

You don't need to log in with your Gmail account. You can log in with your @icloud.com address.