OH god, i'm addicted!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silbeej, Dec 30, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I have come to the conclusion that i am addicted to Apple products. I am a recent convert, in my first Apple product was my MBP last year, and since then i've bought an iPhone. Just today i seriously considered buying an old Powerbook just for the heck of it. I was looking on eBay and all that stuff trying to find out how much they would be and if it would be worth it. I've got a 15 inch MBP, and i was thinking, do you all believe that a 12 inch powerbook would be a good investment?? you can find them on eBay for really cheap, and it would be a cool little computer to carry around for typing and such.

Or should i do the respectable college student thing and save my money and hope i can afford the new mac pro when it comes out?

Or maybe a while after it comes out.

lol

2. tchaap macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. Bought a PowerBook G4 about 6 months ago to try out Apple computing. Since then, got a iphone, upgraded to a MBP and I'm also looking for a older MacBook just for fun...under the guise of letting my 9yr old learn some mac stuff.

Strange addiction.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

One could say that it is almost like drugs, where we must spend a lot of money, however we are fortunate in that we don't have the after effect of death or imprisonment.

4. tchaap macrumors member

As an unmarried college student you don't have the problem of sneaking your mac goodies in the door without your wife seeing and asking, what did you get now!!!!!!!:mad:

5. jneckert macrumors member

Asking your question here is like asking a bartender if you have should have another drink. We're fellow Apple addicts just like you.:D

6. iCube macrumors 6502

THAT IS SOOOOO TRUE!!!! I still have a 17" iMac G4 1GHz that I bought from a local Apple re-seller last week hidden in my basement that I have yet to figure how to unveil to my wife!! :eek:
    It is a true, fun obsession!!!! :apple:

Attached Files:

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

They make a cream for this problem.

Think it also comes in a pill form, too.

8. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

My mission in life is to get all the latest and greatest apple products. Yup.

I mean, it's not my fault everything they make is so god damn sexy.

I love you :apple:

9. barijazz macrumors 6502

I got an ipod about a year and a half ago, had a problem with it, I pulled out the ipod before ejecting it. I didn't know what to do. So I called the apple store talked to a real person and was immediately told how to fix it without proof of purchase or anything, just a phone call. I was a longtime pc guy and when my dell desktop broke I went looking for a new computer. Walked into an apple store and walked out with a macbook, a year later now I have a 17" imac and a 15" macbook pro. And am getting an iphone soon (not soon enough:(). I bought an apple t.v and am trying to learn applescript. Can one stop loving :apple:? Hell nah.

10. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

OMG I've always wanted one of those! To add to my iMac G3, iMac 24" 2.8GHz, iBook G4, and at least ten iPod's and counting. If Apple made a mattress I'd sleep on it.

I was the first amongst my group of friends to "go Mac". Everybody said I was nuts, Mac's are weird, etc etc etc. Well now four years later most of those friends are ALSO Mac owners, and most of them have multiple systems too. Most of them can't believe they put up with PC crap for so long. In fact going back along the "Mac family tree" I am directly responsible for at least two dozen Mac sales in my town, since I got mine. :apple:

11. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I got back into Apple for almost the same reason(s). Got my GF an iPod - and for the first time, realized why EVERYONE was getting them. Blown away at the ease of use / UI and "feel" of it.

Few months later, my Dell died at a VERY bad time. Walked into an Apple store (hoping to find a new HD for my craptop) they were the only place still open.

Walked out with a 20" Intel iMac.

now have a 24" imac, iPhone, and a bunch of other little apple goodies. (docks and what not)

Both of my sisters now want Apples too.

I need to get more of that cream....

12. iCube macrumors 6502

I have more Mac's than I am comfortable admitting to most people... I use them all too! Here's a must have to the Mac obsessed. A rare ''Flower Power" iMac G3 I picked up on ebay for my Dad!

Attached Files:

13. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

What, no suppository?:p

I too am an addict. I own an Apple IIc, a Macintosh Classic, and an iMac G3 in addition to my iBook G3 and my Mac mini.:eek:

14. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

steve jobs must read these posts and chuckle and evil little chuckle...

i got my ipod first, (after selling my zune on ebay)... then it was a macbook. and now i want to replace my desktop, the last ms comp in my house.

damn you technolust... damn you!

15. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

I hear that. --- And that "but honey, I promise, if you let me buy just this one last Apple product, it'll be the last one for at least a year" argument works once, twice if you're lucky and know how to lay it on thick.

Separate. Checking. Accounts.

16. iCube macrumors 6502

I didn't start my Apple addiction until Feb. 2000 with a Grape iMac DV 400MHz!
    Of all of my Macs, there's just something about that Cube...

Attached Files:

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I agree.

I got my first iPod about 2 years ago
    I got my first Mac Computer (mbp) 6 months after that
    I got my first Mac desktop 2 months after that
    I then got the iPhone when it came out

And am turning friends/family to apple computers :)

18. iCube macrumors 6502

I Admit, I Have A Problem!

Here's my list... This is gonna be fun. In order of purchase.

iMac G3 Grape 400 DV *new* 2000 CompUSA
    iMac G3 Snow 600 CD-ROM *new* 2002 CompUSA
    iMac G3 Graphite 500 DV SE *floor model* 2002 CompUSA
    iMac G3 Snow 600 CD-RW *floor model* 2003 CompUSA
    iMac G3 Graphite 500 DV SE *floor model* 2003 CompUSA
    iMac G3 Ruby 450+ DV *used* 2004 ebay
    iBook G4 1.2 GHz 12" *new* 2005 Apple Store (for my wife)
    iMac G3 Indigo 500 CD-ROM *used* 2005 ebay (for my wife)
    2 iPod Shuffles 512&1GB *new* 2005
    Airport Extreme Base Station *new* 2005 Apple Store
    iBook G4 1.42 GHz 14'' *new* 2005 Apple Store
    Power Mac G4 533MHz Digital Audio *used* 2005 ebay -w/new 22" Samsung LCD Wide Ratio
    Power Mac G4 Cube 450 MHz *used* 2005 cubeparts.biz
    15" Apple LCD for Cube *used* 2006 ebay
    iBook G3 500 12'' CD-ROM *used* 2007 ebay
    iMac G4 1GHz 17" SuperDrive *used* 2007 Apple re-seller
    2 iPod Shuffles 2nd Generation *new* 2007 Apple Store
    iPod Touch 8GB *new* 2007 Apple Store (for my wife)
    Mac Mini 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo 10.5.1 *new* 2007 Apple Store
    :eek: Only one Intel Mac! I love it!

19. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

wow. and by the looks of your signature you still actually own most of that list! That's rediculous! I love apple as much as many people on here, but YIPES! Perhaps get rid of a imac or two... maybe keep 1 or 2 of each rev of things ... build a little "history of mac" museum in your basement, and sel or give the rest away? Seems to me you need an intel imac to complete the imac evolution though :)

20. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

My name is Eric and I have been using Macs for 15 years now.

*Hi, Eric*

21. iCube macrumors 6502

I can't give any away, I just built my collection. I have a minimum of one G3 iMac in each room of my house which I do use. I'm really not into the museum look for my Macs, I like them spaced out. It keeps me from going to the same office area everyday to go online. Each G3 is like a piece of furniture.

22. je1ani macrumors 6502

I'm in college also and I saved up $1750 for a 2.4 MBP =) although I had a little help with a $600 cash advance from AMEX that I officially paid off 2 days ago :D

23. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Turn your whole house into a museum of apple :) You could have walking tours of all the macs and then take photos of people with their favorite macs and sell them as souvenirs and charge admission :D

I'd go! lol

24. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Sorry to poo in anyones cheerios - but this guy already set the bar too high.

Now the crazy part - is this is his "basement". (and yes, I know this is super old, don't roast me)

Attached Files:

25. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

We need a 12 step program!!!:eek: I just switched to mac this summer but I already have a MBP and a MB...also have the ipod touch and a unlocked iphone (will get another when we finnaly see it in Canada) And I will be getting a new ultraportable if it comes out in Jan. I have already been hiding the money for it from my wife.;) Glad to see I am not the only one!!:D