OH Great! Now I'm getting this error...

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
Earlier wifi problem was fixed. Did a restart, got this error.
Put in install disk, repaired permissions, verified disk,
did hardware check. All are ok. But on the next restart i get this error! HELP!

Attachments

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you get a screen that looks like this:
It's called a kernel panic. If it doesn't happen again, or very infrequently, you don't need to worry about it.
In most cases, kernel panics are not caused by an issue with your Mac. They are most likely caused by an issue external to your Mac. If the kernel panic doesn't happen again within a few weeks, you don't need to troubleshoot further.
If it does happen again, this may help:

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
This is an ongoing issue EVERYTIME I restart it. On some of the links it states it could be third party peripherals. Could even something like a 3 party mouse or keyboard cause this? Or it looks like a RAM issue. Im going to try and just unplug everything, and reinstall my ram to start.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
This is an ongoing issue EVERYTIME I restart it. On some of the links it states it could be third party peripherals. Could even something like a 3 party mouse or keyboard cause this? Or it looks like a RAM issue. Im going to try and just unplug everything, and reinstall my ram to start.
First start by unplugging everything, and restarting. If you stil get a kernel panic, then try putting the original Apple installed RAM in, and try booting again.

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
Ok took out Ram and put them back in. Still same error. I am now doing a complete fresh install. Not sure if it'll work but I'm giving it a shot. Apple care doesn't support tiger now so this is my last resort.

smirk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ok took out Ram and put them back in. Still same error. I am now doing a complete fresh install. Not sure if it'll work but I'm giving it a shot. Apple care doesn't support tiger now so this is my last resort.
What did you mean by "took out Ram and put them back in"? Did you try booting the computer with just the stock memory that the computer shipped with?

If that's not an option, you could download Memtest, boot into it, and let it run for a few hours to see if you have bad RAM.

Installing the OS when bad RAM is suspected is not a good idea.