Oh iPhone, why can't I quit you?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Dec 7, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I have been using iPhones since the 3G and Android since the beginning. Every year I think Android gets a bit closer to moving me permanently to Android. 2 years ago, I though the nexus 5 would take me to android permanently (but the camera and battery life), then this year I fell in love temporarily with the S6, then G4, and even Nexus 6 but then they both had either bloat issues and/or battery issues.

Recently I got the Nexus 5x and thought for sure I was done with iPhones. I sold my 6s Plus and have been using my 5x exclusively for 1.5 months (which is a record for me pretty much). Everything was great until a friend handed me his 6s Plus to look something up while he drove and instantly I wanted one back. As much as I try to convince myself that Android is where I want to be, I think it's all a fallacy! I really want an iPhone and can't quite put my finger on it but it's just so much better than Android IMO.

I get overwhelmed with Android just knowing that i CAN tinker more. I know I don't have to but I feel anxious to do so. With iPhones, I can just enjoy them. Plus iMessage rules all. I will probably get another 6s Plus soon and keep my Nexus 5x as a backup so I can have the best of both worlds. I've come to accept that I'll never be able to be exclusively Android. Anyone else the same as me? I love both platforms but I love iOS more. Maybe someday it'll happen but it's still not there.

2. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Perhaps you should stop wasting the money and get yourself a 6S or wait for a 7. Stock Android and iOS are pretty awesome, however, iOS definitely feels more polished for me.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I choose iOS because the platform is more polished (as already mentioned) and has a better layout. To me, it also looks more finished (although if I could got back to iOS 6!)

The few Android devices I've used or handled just left me wondering why the interface was so stupid and bass ackwards. Oh well.

I choose to jailbreak because there are things Apple won't let me do, but that are possible on Android and achievable with jailbreak.

4. B.A.T macrumors 6502

Some people will never be happy. Too bad for you.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I had a S6 edge as a backup but I thought what's the point when I can just sell it and put it in my savings.

6. pearphone7 macrumors newbie

pearphone7

There isn't an OS that's the undisputed best, otherwise the others would be out of business. Personally, I prefer iOS but I'm not much of a tinkerer - if you are, go android.

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Perhaps it's the holidays that bring out the "I Love my iPhone so much I keep buying Androids..."

Then in a twist of CRUEL Fate, Android leaves them jilted...

8. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

I'll be picking up a sim free 6s plus 64gb in space gray either today or tomorrow. :)

9. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I can understand how you feel OP, I last had an iPhone when the 5 came out and when Samsung released the S4, I figured I'd try something different. Ive been on Android for 2 years and just had the GS6, but then my cousin got the iPhone 6S+ and loved how smooth and polished it was, not to mention the battery life was phenomonal compared to my GS6. So about a month ago I went out and got an iPhone 6S and loving every minute of it.