Oh, iTunes Match. Why are you so slow to upload?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NameUndecided, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I subscribed relatively late last night. It gathered library information and matched to the store quickly enough. But it started uploading the remaining songs at about midnight last night, and fifteen hours later it's on song 660 out of 4,139.

This… is going to take a little longer than I expected.

My upload speed on my home connection is just fine normally, so I'm certain that that's not it. Is this probably just to be expected from this service since it's got to collect tag information and whatever else? It just seems like I'm going to need to keep this open for the next few days to let it finish out.

Opinions? Differing or similar experiences? I wonder if this is going to stay at a steady speed or speed up and/or slow down at different points.

2. dknightd macrumors 6502

If the songs are lossless it will take some time.

Have you looked at the Network usage in activity monitor?

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. NameUndecided thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I guess the upload is going about as normal as it usually would. That just gets lost in the idea of seeing it as "only 800something songs have been sent so far" instead of actual gigabytes uploaded.

Activity monitor says that I've sent a little over 6gb and am going at about 122KB/s upload.

And I do think it's picked up just slightly during the day since I'm now at 835 a couple of hours after my initial post. It must have hit a slow point in the earlier hours.

Still, should be finished late tomorrow or the day after! Not too big of a deal. Just slower than expected.