Oh Lauren..........

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DR_K13, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

2. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

:p:p:p

Now THAT'S funny!

I loved it. :D

Especially #2, as a dad with grown kids that have boomeranged on me!

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Funny, well drawn... but not necessarily fair.

Sadly her the ad's criteria may reflect reality of the sector of the computer buying market with little to no computer background. The ad appeals to the uniformed, bargain hunter consumer. Not necessarily cheap tightwads, but those who don't really have high demands or know a lot about computer systems or hardware.

They want what they want; and what they don't know, they don't know if they want it or not. :eek:

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

5. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hah, that's pretty good. That advert was pretty terrible after all. I could see the point they were trying to make but dammit she (the writers) had weak reasons.

7. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

:confused:

Let's try this: They don't know what they don't know! ;)

8. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

I assume this has already been posted? (and I apologies if it has)
    but here's the DL:

==========

[​IMG]

By now you've probably seen Microsoft's latest ad featuring Lauren, a woman who claims to be neither cool nor rich enough for a MacBook. Well Lauren, one of our readers has a gift for you.

Mitch Gewirtz of Michigan would like to give you his 17-inch PowerBook. For free. From Mitch:

Subject: I AM UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!
    To whom it may concern,

I recently watched the new PC ad on television the other night about "Lauren" purchasing a laptop for under $1000.00. It was a great advertisement targeting everyday PC users. My only concern is that I feel the computer "Lauren" chose will not provide an overall positive experience. I am asking for your assistance to help me locate "Lauren". I am willing to give her my 17" Mac laptop "FOR FREE" so she can decide which laptop is superior without putting a price tag on it.

I do believe everyone on this planet is "cool enough to be a Mac person".

Sincerely,
    Mitch Gewirtz

We of course wrote back to Mitch to gauge his level of seriousness in this matter. His response:

Absolutely! I am serious!
    I believe my 17" G4 powerbook is still more advanced than any PC out there today. It is a very healthy laptop that has given me a wonderful experience the last couple of years. I truly believe if "Lauren" had a chance to use this laptop she would change her mind.

Can you help me locate her?

While Apple fanboys are a dime a dozen, we like Mitch's attitude, a guy willing to put his money where his mouth is (even if that money is invested in an older machine he may be planning to replace). So Mitch, Gizmodo would like to support you on your quest to gift Lauren your PowerBook. We've got your back, buddy.

Lauren, where are you? Drop us a line (you can find my email on the side of the page). Let's make this love connection happen.

==========

And Here's the source.

9. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

Haha! Wow this is great.
    Wasn't expecting this ad to be related to Windows! :D

10. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Yay for propagating the idea that mac users are snobs!

11. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Snob? NO WAY!
    I'm too busy being Smug to be a Snob! ;)

===

Some more adventures with Lauren :)

[​IMG]

12. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

No matter who Microsoft targeted, her Internet celebrity status was an inevitability. :eek:

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Completely agree.

It is funny though, especially the bowl. :p

14. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The garbage trash one is the funniest :p Its so true, Microsoft have just dug a hole for themselves by making an advertising campagin which suggests all their customers are poor and aren't able to intelligently use money.

15. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

16. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

...except M$ made Lauren sign an NDA if she was going to appear in the ad. She is forbidden to talk about either behind the scenes or her experiences using her new computer.

And hey, tthe OS can fail all it wants. As long as long as the keyboard is comfortable, she's fine. :D

keniff I just saw one earlier today on the JoT site. Funnier than the first I think :D

17. No1451 macrumors 6502

Indeed they did, especially when some of their customers are like me, I own a MacBook for basic computing and I own a quad-core overclock, watercooled, aluminum enclosed beast for gaming/folding.

I have the money just not the desire, well, aside from the laptop, if Mac laptops were women they would be the equivalent of Megan Fox pitted against Amy Winehouse.

Also, that comic is hilarious.

18. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC