Oh my god! HELP! File restoring help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBoy111, May 9, 2007.

1. iBoy111 macrumors member

I really need some immediate help right now!

I was writing a long essay using ms word, and saved half way through my session, I saved it. I wrote another few pages, and then minimized it (without saving the updated version). I didn't realize that I had minimized it, so I re-opened the document, and a message came up, saying "would you like to revert to the saved file", and I was being somewhat hasty, and just clicked "yes". So it replaced my updated, unsaved version with the saved one, so I lost many pages.

I'm more farmiliar with PC's but being new to a Mac, I would like to know how I can restore this file. Where can I find the temporary folder (if there is one) where the updated file was saved (as I suspect it saves every few minutes into a temporary folder).

Is there some software that I need to get for this?

Help is needed now! This is a very important coursework that needs to be handed in tomorrow, and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You could use spotlight to search for all files created today

3. iBoy111 thread starter macrumors member

How can I choose "all files created today"?

I also forgot to add something vital. I had the file saved on my memory stick!

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I would look in the preferences to see if it is set to save every few minutes or whatever... if it's not your time would be better spent rewriting the last few pages.

5. iBoy111 thread starter macrumors member

I checked, it is set to save every 10 minutes.

So, what do I do now. It's too much to re-write in the time I have. I need to recover them!!! How do I do it?

6. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

I've reverted back before by opening an autosave file or something. I'm not at my MBP right now, but try searching for autosave or something similar. Kinda vague, I know, but I hope that helps.

7. iBoy111 thread starter macrumors member

I already tried that before. I couldn't find it...

Any other suggestions???