Oh my GOD - I broke my DiskImage - recover?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by interslice, Jul 15, 2008.

1. interslice macrumors member

interslice

Well this is going to take some special person to fix .... at least i am totally stuck for ideas apart from diskwarrior!

I was working in Virtual box - a windows on mac app - and I installed a diskimage on my mac with Exces encryption.
    I was working in windows through virtualbox and suddenly BOOM a crash occured.
    My disk image (second.exc) is now unforgivably not starting with Exces. It contains all my photos and I'm totally lost for words and want to cry.

Any help?
    can I use terminal - or diskwarrior to fix my disk image by Exces (.exc) !!

A big thank you and a life time supply of anything available for the person who fixes this!

2. interslice thread starter macrumors member

interslice

sorry guys too late

I hate to be the one to post first!! :cool:

ALL i did was to go inside my "second.exc" folder by opening the contents - then i picked out the .sparseimage file copied it to the desktop ... then an error came up saying ... can't copy all the data - ok so what :confused:

The image still remained on my desktop and i clicked on it to open it - and WALA! :eek: a ready to use already encrypted disk image that expands automatically? i think ... :eek:

I guess i used the above program to create the disk image and then took out the file and use - "disk image helper" or "diskimagemounter.app" - (which by the way i have not been able to locate, nor know what they are" :confused: - and this seems to open, request password, and display everything properly.

WILL someone PLEASE explain what the heck just happened? How is this possible cyber people?

I really don't get it .... :apple: