Oh my God..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AHDuke99, Nov 11, 2008.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

So I went back to get my phone looked at at the Apple Store today because I was having the battery meter getting stuck constantly, and got a replacement. This one has light shining out of the wide of the phone where the glass meets the bezel.

This is ridiculous. This is my fifth phone now and I'm still getting issues. The genius told me he's never had anyone come back after the first replacement, so he didn't know why I kept having issues.

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

First had battery issues with caused it to die in 1/2 a day with no usage. The second's battery randomly died on me after 2 hours of iPod use. The third had a loose part in it and when it vibrated, it sounded like the phone would come apart. The fourth's battery meter kept getting stuck, and now this one has a light leak on the left side. I'm thinking about just taking it back to the Apple Store at home during Thanksgiving just so the geniuses at the Apple Store here near school don't start bitching. But this is really getting frustrating now. I know I am sounding picky, but I want one that isn't defected.

4. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Damn right you are being picky! You should get on your knees in gratitude for even having a broken iPhone, and here you are whining about bad batteries and light leakage? And here I thought the thousands of people degrading the iPhone for being a poor smartphone were bad.

5. JLatte macrumors 6502

Well... There is an extent for having issues on a phone that you pay quite a bit of money for. Light leakage, IMO should be returned. It doesn't affect your phone's usage, but it definitely is a pretty noticeable cosmetic defect.

OP, out of curiosity since battery usage seems to be a majority problem for you... are you by chance using an email account with Push enabled? I had the exact same problem with my phone's battery draining like crazy and found out it was because my Exchange account was keeping a constant connection open with the server which drained the entire battery to 20% within 3-5 hours with NO usage on anything else. Look it up around here or online, there's quite a few problems with the way Push is enabled.

If you're NOT using Push... then yeah, you just had bad luck.

6. terrrrrible macrumors regular

I think I'm having this problem... my usage time is the same as my standby when I'm barely even using the phone. I just re-added my exchange account to my phone the other day because I was trying to help a client with a problem he was having. I'm looking around for this fix, but if you have a link to it, could you post it here?