OH MY GOSH! How do I de-authorize Adobe & Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xDeathReaperx, Jan 27, 2011.

1. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

So I'm taking my Mac to the Apple store today for a COMPLETE Operating System Restore. I won't be backing up any data because I don't have an external Hardrive. :/ Anyways that doesn't matter

MY QUESTION:

I have bought Adobe Master Suite CS4 and Microsoft Office 2008.

How do I de authorize these products so I can use the serial # again?

I don't want to waste a serial number just because Im restoring my computer.....

I have all the original install disc & Serials for both of the software (MS Office & Adobe MS CS4)

So please tell me what I need to do to use the Serial # again.

Please & Thank you.

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

The serial # key just unlocks the software so that it will function. Unless you gave the key to a bunch of friends and caused the vendor to flag the key as used in piracy, the key will still function when you reinstall the software. If you have given away the key such that it is flagged as used in piracy, the key will no longer unlock the software once the software is updated to show that your key is flagged. No need to de-authorize the key AFAIK.

If your legitimate key has been flagged, as this can occur because the keys are often based on numerical algorithms, contact the vendor to prove that you have a legitimate copy to receive a new key.

3. Heath macrumors regular

Unless I'm mistaken you should be able to install these programs again once you get your computer back. No deauthorization process is necessary. It will be as if you were installing them for the first time again.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....if you really want to be safe (Adobe *does* limit the installs with a specific serial #), in one of the apps, say Photoshop, in the "Help" menu there is a deactivate option...oh yeah!

5. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

You just made my day! Apart from I snorted Pepsi out my nose onto my keyboard..... :D

6. munkery, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

That seems like an odd thing that would to make you say "You just made my day!"???

Is that only for Photoshop? Never heard of a vendor doing that before, but I don't use any proprietary/non-free software other than OS X and iLife.

EDIT: Looked it up. If you do forget to de-authorize Photoshop, you can always contact Adobe to get them to de-authorize it so that you can do a reinstall. So, no worries.

PS: Hey Duff-Man

I like how all of your posts begin with "Duff-Man says...." and end with "....oh yeah!"

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

It was the way he said it, I could hear it in Duff Mans voice.

8. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

If you haven't already figured this out, Office doesn't need to be deactivated. However, you an deauthorize Adobe products by going to your Applications folder, opening the Utilities folder and then the Adobe Installers folder. Run the installer in there, and then select Deauthorize from the installer (Top right of the window in CS5--not sure about CS4).