oh no another acd thread!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by coochiekuta, Nov 7, 2010.

1. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

hey hey,

i know no one has definitive answers BUT i was wondering if these displays, apple cinema displays, ever receive any revisions during their lifetime? not a completely new model but something like adding new inputs to existing models or something. has anything like that happened in the past? hell i just knew of their existence not 2 months ago.

i have looked up this and asked apple support forum but no one could give any insight.

given the mac mini, as well as the apple tv, having hdmi output, PERHAPS they will reimagine the acd to include hdmi. especially since hdmi is kicking displayports arse. i think displayport will die. i hate to buy a monitor with such limited use. dell, another displayport pusher/supporter, recognizes hdmi holding the lead and doesnt forsake those who prefer it. maybe apple will too.

well that is my question. hope i wasnt too confusing.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If it does get revised it won't be any time soon. The ones out now were just announced a couple months ago and hadn't been touched much for a couple years before that, and the 30" model hadn't changed since it was introduced in 04 or 05.

3. blackreplica macrumors member

i seriously doubt apple will incorporate hdmi into its cinema displays

1) HDMI is pretty much as big as its gonna get (it's everywhere now) and apple still hasnt implemented it. So it probably never will

2) Apple's displays are aimed for use with macs, and macs alone. And currently all macs already have a displayport output

As a 27 ACD user, i consider it almost a travesty that they only included one measly mini-displayport input. But i knew what i was getting and it was still the only monitor i wanted. I'm sure that apple's decision not to include any other input format was a conscious decision. i dont expect them to go back on their course of action anytime in the immidiate future

If you really want a HDMI input...just go with a belkin av360/Kanex XD/Atlone HD620 unit