Oh No! First it was the iTouch. Now it's the iMini.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KittyKatta, Oct 27, 2012.

1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Is "iMini" going to be the consumer name for the iPad Mini?

Consumers take crazy naming shortcuts all the time. But what irritates me about the iPod Touch / "iTouch" name they've coined is that it drops the most important syllable. :p

Well, it seems to be happening again with the iPad Mini / "iMini". In half a dozen conversations at work and even with my mom then I've heard them say "iMini" and it just makes me cringe that this may catch on.

So what do you think? Do you use the name shortcut for the iPod touch and iPad Mini? Does hearing terms like iTouch and iMini from casual users annoy you?

:D

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Weird b.c I have never heard anyone call a touch an "itouch" or a mini an "imini". I always hear the ipad mini or the iPod touch or even just "touch"...but never the "itouch"

3. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I've heard Itouch and touch sometimes. I've never heard "Imini" though. We will see if we do

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iTouch used to drive me mad but now the worst offender is "i3, i4" for iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4/4S.

I've heard "ithree phone" so many times - like nails down a chalkboard.

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

My own older cousin called it an iTouch. I wanted to slap him as I always saw him as a tech guy as a kid. I cringe at iTouch, mostly cause it sounds like what perverts and priests want to do to little children.

6. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I only use the word "iTouch" when I'm around someone whose shorts bunch up at the use of the word iTouch.

Regards,
    Tom

7. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I've never heard or read anyone calling it an iMini until this thread. So there's that.

8. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

It wouldn't, but now you have started it. Someone will read this topic, and think: "Hey, I'm going to use that name... iMini." - Others will hear it and will use it too.

It's your fault. You started it. It can't be stopped now.

9. sananda macrumors 68020

Oh, please no!

It won't end well, there'll be another forum ban on correcting people who say iMini and there was with iTouch!

10. LaNex macrumors 6502

I hate the bring it down to childish levels again, but remember the Beavis and Butthead style guffaws about the connotations of name when the iPad first came out ?

Well .... iMini seems even worse somehow, kind of like the sort of name one would give a panty liner.

11. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

imini is confusing. that could be the defunct ipod mini