Oh No! I Can't Believe It! !@?@!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DeeGee48, Aug 28, 2007.

1. DeeGee48 macrumors regular

DeeGee48

Boy did I just "F" something up. Suddenly, in iTunes, all my songs have been shuffled. I don't know WHAT I did. I mean, all the cuts are out of order instead of as they should be on each album (in fact, they're ALPHABETICAL!) and the songs on different playlists are shuffled from one album to another, then another, like an interleaved deck of cards, instead of one full album following another! NOTHING is in album or song order at all. CRAP! The awful thing here is that I also synced the iPod BEFORE I caught this. I've got about 300 albums on here right now in addition to lots of downloaded singles, and the thought of having to go thru every one of them to straighten this out is killing me!!! Is there any other way to rectify this MESS???? How do you think I should go about it????

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Click on the "Album" column heading, this will sort your list by Album. Or, click on the "Artist" column heading, this will sort your list be Artist.

3. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yup...it should be as simple as that. Let us know if it doesn't work.

4. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

5. DeeGee48 thread starter macrumors regular

DeeGee48

Viola!

It worked...for all those albums. But I have two proprietary singles playlists only one of which (48 songs) I have the original listing for (and the CD's); the other at 154 presently, I don't. That one will be a bit daunting, but it's WAY BETTER than having to do the whole shootin' match! Thanks guys.....a simple remedy staring me in the face....live and learn!

6. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

To get the original playlist order, click on the number column heading at the left side (left of the title column).

7. DeeGee48 thread starter macrumors regular

DeeGee48

Yes!!

Thank You Thank You!! And THAT brought everything else back. Wow! Now, any idea what i did to muck it up in the first place???

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Probably clicked on another column by accident, such as song.

9. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

I found that when i select Shuffle from the control menu, it actually changes the order of my songs, i don't remember this happening before, i though itunes just jumped from one to another but didn't actually resort my playlist. I find it odd.