iPod Oh No! I Can't Believe It! !@?@!

DeeGee48

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Havertown, Pa
Boy did I just "F" something up. Suddenly, in iTunes, all my songs have been shuffled. I don't know WHAT I did. I mean, all the cuts are out of order instead of as they should be on each album (in fact, they're ALPHABETICAL!) and the songs on different playlists are shuffled from one album to another, then another, like an interleaved deck of cards, instead of one full album following another! NOTHING is in album or song order at all. CRAP! The awful thing here is that I also synced the iPod BEFORE I caught this. I've got about 300 albums on here right now in addition to lots of downloaded singles, and the thought of having to go thru every one of them to straighten this out is killing me!!! Is there any other way to rectify this MESS???? How do you think I should go about it????

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Click on the "Album" column heading, this will sort your list by Album. Or, click on the "Artist" column heading, this will sort your list be Artist.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Click on the "Album" column heading, this will sort your list by Album. Or, click on the "Artist" column heading, this will sort your list be Artist.
Yup...it should be as simple as that. Let us know if it doesn't work.

DeeGee48

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Havertown, Pa
Viola!

Yup...it should be as simple as that. Let us know if it doesn't work.
It worked...for all those albums. But I have two proprietary singles playlists only one of which (48 songs) I have the original listing for (and the CD's); the other at 154 presently, I don't. That one will be a bit daunting, but it's WAY BETTER than having to do the whole shootin' match! Thanks guys.....a simple remedy staring me in the face....live and learn!

ivnds

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Thank You Thank You!! And THAT brought everything else back. Wow! Now, any idea what i did to muck it up in the first place???
I found that when i select Shuffle from the control menu, it actually changes the order of my songs, i don't remember this happening before, i though itunes just jumped from one to another but didn't actually resort my playlist. I find it odd.