Oh no!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tigercat212, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Tigercat212 macrumors regular

I have my Black Macbook here but I have a question. If they announce a new, better Macbook with a better graphics card or what not, am I stuck in the mud? Is there any way for me to trade in my Macbook for the new one or pay some fee to have it upgraded to the new one while keeping the same hard drive?

Someone clue me in!

Tigercat212

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You could sell it and then buy a new one. Otherwise I guess you would be "stuck in the mud."

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Assuming you're in the US, you have a 14-day return window (minus restocking fee if opened). Outside that, it's just another used laptop, no upgrade possible to current specs. Mine's a mid-2007 2.16, and I have no complaints, I'll look to replace it in another couple years and with whatever's available at the time. Best not to stress over every update. Buy, use, be happy!

4. Tigercat212 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok...

I guess you are right. I hope it's not something amazing though like a great graphics card.

5. samwich macrumors regular

Haha, that's the first time I've heard someone say that they don't want the macbook to have a great graphics card.

6. Tigercat212 thread starter macrumors regular

Well...

Well, I would but...

7. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^^^^ Yes but the OP failed to say exactly when he/she actually purchased the MacBook, therefore, they could have very well purchased it months ago. Most sane and logical people who need a laptop will buy what is available at the time. If the specs don't meet their needs they will find a laptop that does. Plain and simple. It seems to only be people in the world of Mac that bitch about needing a laptop but then question if they should wait. If you need the stupid thing then you need it. Most people only want it but they want current gens and will wind up playing the waiting game forever.