Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I've owned an iPod Touch for about a year now. I find that whenever I use a friend's iPod (which is not a Touch), I swipe my finger across the screen or tap it expecting something to happen, only to realize that touching the screen won't do anything. Anyone else have this happen?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
i could understand it happening if your blind or dont pay attention.....

seriously, the WHITE clickwheel takes up 1/3 (rough estimate) and its not exactly hard to see.

That being said im never going back to a clickwheel anyway :D

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
i could understand it happening if your blind or dont pay attention.....

seriously, the WHITE clickwheel takes up 1/3 (rough estimate) and its not exactly hard to see.

That being said im never going back to a clickwheel anyway :D

True, but I did the same type of thing on the new nano when I was at the Apple Store the other day.

I tried to swipe down to select a different song and it did nothing. I started laughing and a store employee must have seen me as he asked if I had an iPhone or iPod Touch. Apparently it is a common sight to him :eek: .

image.php

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Having used the iPhone/iPhone 3G iPod Touch/iPod Touch 2G for a while now I find myself touching the screen on my monitor or other people's phone's. And sometimes I try to flick my finger on my Nano to scroll threw cover flow. :)

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Whenever I go to an Apple Store (or use a PC) I hit "opt+spacebar" to invoke Quicksilver. And then I realize that Quicksilver is not standard nor is it available on PCs...

So, I can see how one could start tapping a screen expecting something to happen.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I still do it on the rare occasion that I use my 5.5 gen white classic. I don't touch the screen thinking it will do things, but I have found myself to search for the 'arrow' button to take me back to the playlist, only to realise 30 seconds later that it isn't an iPod touch :p

I've also, out of habit, turned it onto it's side when I've gone to watch video on it :eek:

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008
:D Hey well my little sister calls my iMac "David's giant iPod." Apparently anything with the :apple: logo looks like an iPod to some people. Although I gotta say, the silver 4G nano does match it PERFECTLY. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.