Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So comedian turned talk show host Steve Harvey was hosting the Miss Universe Pageant and at the most important part of the show when he announces the winner, well yeah...

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Steve Harvey's only job on Family Feud is reading off cards. Well that, and acting all surprised when they ask a sexually suggestive question and someone replies with an equally sexually suggestive answer. How could he possibly **** this up?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I thought Miss Columbia was going to cram her bouquet up where the sun don't shine on Steve there, for a moment. That was so painfully awkward.

This is the first footage I've seen of this mess. I'm kind of sorry I looked. I feel bad for them all. Steve must have my middle aged vision.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Sure they asked him back. This gaffe is great reality TV. I don't know anyone who pays attention to beauty contests anymore. But thanks to this mistake now just about everybody has heard of the contest and knows who the winner and first runner up were. So maybe more people will tune in next year see how Mr. Magoo can mess with everyone's minds next year.

Reactions: bobob

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Sure they asked him back. This gaffe is great reality TV. I don't know anyone who pays attention to beauty contests anymore. But thanks to this mistake now just about everybody has heard of the contest and knows who the winner and first runner up were. So maybe more people will tune in next year see how Mr. Magoo can mess with everyone's minds next year.

Nope, next year I'll do what I do every year with these dumb beauty pageants. Completely forget it exists, and then when something goes horribly wrong, watch the clip on YouTube. In the age of the Internet, there's no reason to watch something you normally have no interest in watching just to see if something amusing happens.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It is soooo depressing someone misspelling ColOmbia. Truly illiterate.
Lol, actually I do know better, but it's kind of appropriate I'd have this kind of brain fart in a thread about Steve Harvey's brain fart. I have lived just outside the District of Columbia all my life and a very dear friend's parents are from Colombia, so don't worry, I do normally know the difference.

I hang my head in shame!

I am not illiterate, but I am a terrible writer.

Reactions: bobob

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
It is soooo depressing someone misspelling ColOmbia. Truly illiterate.
Misspelling the name of a country is hardly the epitome of being "truly illiterate" - - and surely a person making such a histrionic claim would have to have had a perfect record of spelling and grammar on the forum. However, the briefest of reviews proves this to be false.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.