Oh Steve Harvey, how could you...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Dec 20, 2015.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So comedian turned talk show host Steve Harvey was hosting the Miss Universe Pageant and at the most important part of the show when he announces the winner, well yeah...

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Steve Harvey's only job on Family Feud is reading off cards. Well that, and acting all surprised when they ask a sexually suggestive question and someone replies with an equally sexually suggestive answer. How could he possibly **** this up?

3. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Wot a plonker. I hope he is now signing on the dole.

4. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I thought Miss Columbia was going to cram her bouquet up where the sun don't shine on Steve there, for a moment. That was so painfully awkward.

This is the first footage I've seen of this mess. I'm kind of sorry I looked. I feel bad for them all. Steve must have my middle aged vision.

6. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

They said yes.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Sure they asked him back. This gaffe is great reality TV. I don't know anyone who pays attention to beauty contests anymore. But thanks to this mistake now just about everybody has heard of the contest and knows who the winner and first runner up were. So maybe more people will tune in next year see how Mr. Magoo can mess with everyone's minds next year.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope, next year I'll do what I do every year with these dumb beauty pageants. Completely forget it exists, and then when something goes horribly wrong, watch the clip on YouTube. In the age of the Internet, there's no reason to watch something you normally have no interest in watching just to see if something amusing happens.

9. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

It is soooo depressing someone misspelling ColOmbia. Truly illiterate.

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Lol, actually I do know better, but it's kind of appropriate I'd have this kind of brain fart in a thread about Steve Harvey's brain fart. I have lived just outside the District of Columbia all my life and a very dear friend's parents are from Colombia, so don't worry, I do normally know the difference.

I hang my head in shame!

I am not illiterate, but I am a terrible writer.

11. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

Misspelling the name of a country is hardly the epitome of being "truly illiterate" - - and surely a person making such a histrionic claim would have to have had a perfect record of spelling and grammar on the forum. However, the briefest of reviews proves this to be false.