OH the decissions...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bluespider, May 13, 2016.

1. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

So I'm trying to decide if Its worth upgrading my 2012 Retina MacBook Pro 256G to the 2015 512gig? I've looked up the specs and I know there isn't much difference overall, but the benchmarks do look like I would see both a boost in processing and video.

I do like to play games on it and am hoping the boost will let me play some of the new games (old) ie: The Metro 2033 games are horrible on the 2012. Advice? Thoughts?

2. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

Is there an issue with your 2012? If not, wait until WWDC as that will be the MBP to get. We will almost certainly be seeing USB C / Thunderbolt 3, Skylake, upgraded GPUs, very likely a new chassis , etc etc.

3. bluespider thread starter macrumors 6502

bluespider

Yea, no issues with the current one... I think waiting until wwdc is the right choice too, but haven't seen a lot of anything leaking out about them and unsure if would really be just another incremental upgrade... guess just need to be patient :)

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Macs typically get far fewer leaks than the iOS devices. The lack of them definitely doesn't mean we won't see a significant upgrade next month. But yes, we'll have to wait and see.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

To be honest on the gaming front the NVIDIA in your 2012 will probably outperform the m370x in the new one.

The next generation should have much better dGPU options for gaming so it's worth the wait, however despite a lot of assumption especially on here there is currently no reason to believe there will be any hardware announcements at wwdc, there wasn't last year.