Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

OH the decissions...

bluespider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
So I'm trying to decide if Its worth upgrading my 2012 Retina MacBook Pro 256G to the 2015 512gig? I've looked up the specs and I know there isn't much difference overall, but the benchmarks do look like I would see both a boost in processing and video.

I do like to play games on it and am hoping the boost will let me play some of the new games (old) ie: The Metro 2033 games are horrible on the 2012. Advice? Thoughts?

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2016
Is there an issue with your 2012? If not, wait until WWDC as that will be the MBP to get. We will almost certainly be seeing USB C / Thunderbolt 3, Skylake, upgraded GPUs, very likely a new chassis , etc etc.

Comment

bluespider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
Yea, no issues with the current one... I think waiting until wwdc is the right choice too, but haven't seen a lot of anything leaking out about them and unsure if would really be just another incremental upgrade... guess just need to be patient :)

Comment

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
but haven't seen a lot of anything leaking out about them and unsure if would really be just another incremental upgrade... guess just need to be patient :)
- Macs typically get far fewer leaks than the iOS devices. The lack of them definitely doesn't mean we won't see a significant upgrade next month. But yes, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Yea, no issues with the current one... I think waiting until wwdc is the right choice too, but haven't seen a lot of anything leaking out about them and unsure if would really be just another incremental upgrade... guess just need to be patient :)

To be honest on the gaming front the NVIDIA in your 2012 will probably outperform the m370x in the new one.

The next generation should have much better dGPU options for gaming so it's worth the wait, however despite a lot of assumption especially on here there is currently no reason to believe there will be any hardware announcements at wwdc, there wasn't last year.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.