Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Friedrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
I ordered a 24" refurbed iMac online last week and have been tracking its progress from California to my home here in Michigan.

It seemed like ages before it even arrived in my city. But now that it is currently "On FedEx vehicle for delivery KALAMAZOO, MI" the wait is killing me!!!

Not only is it crappy outside but I am sitting here at work knowing full well no one will be home to greet the nice FedEx employee and take my computer off his hands. Which means I'll be forced to pick it up from FedEx myself because there's no way it'll just happen to arrive when I'm at home (I work 9-5).

I just want my baby all ready :(

Annngel

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2008
Somewhere.. over the rainbow.
Hhm, at least you've ordered it.

I'm still waiting ... and still waiting... Probably up to June? If its new debut is along with Snow Leopard.. or Longer..

Let's hold hands and eat strawberry shortcake.

Friedrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Sure, why not!

Question: I just checked FedEx and it said it has been delivered. However, I know there's no one at my house to sign for it and the site said it was signed for by someone named HUNDERHILL. I have no idea who that is... is this normal? I'm assuming its my neighbor. So can I expect my computer to be at their house? That actually annoys me quite a bit... I would've rather picked it up at FedEx myself or taken the day off work then to have some stranger hold on to something so expensive for me.

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
I'd call FedEx. I know that's so old-fashioned, but I'd do it. I was waiting for a FedEx (ground) package with a disk drive in it...supposed to have been on the truck...hadn't showed by late afternoon...then showed "delivered." So I called and asked where, since I'd been home all day. Turned out the (new) driver delivered it to a house about a quarter mile away...left it on the steps...it was winter. I would never have known had I not called, because so far as the site was concerned, it was over.

So call, and find out where this person lives.

I should note that I've only had 2 bad FedEx deliveries over the years. But you get a bad or distracted driver every now and then.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
When I worked for them (never drove truck, but did assist on deliveries time to time) a Driver would just throw a name in and leave it at the property. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Friedrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Hey now, I am right up the road about 50 miles from Kzoo, I will gladly check that our for you.

haha such kind folk.

50 miles is hardly "right up the road". Where about are you, though? If you're serious, that is.

Friedrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
And I'd try to call but I have no idea which FedEx to call. There are several around here. Do you think the driver left a note on my door saying which house he left it at? Or am I going to have to go around and guess which one?

And I hope he didn't leave it outside, its pouring out!

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Question: I just checked FedEx and it said it has been delivered. However, I know there's no one at my house to sign for it and the site said it was signed for by someone named HUNDERHILL. I have no idea who that is... is this normal?

Maybe - but in my mind, it's not quite normal to have a very expensive computer delivered to your home when you're going to be at work. Hopefully either the driver just made up a name or had a neighbor sign for it, and left it on your doorstep (that's pretty normal in my neck of the woods, anyway).

FedEx WILL deliver to your place of business, even if the address is different from your billing address. I can vouch for this personally.

Friedrich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Well, that figures.

The guy delivered it to the wrong house and since no one is here to sign for it, he took it with him on his deliveries :(

And I just took a half day to come and play with my machine :(

Guess I'll have to take tomorrow off as well so I can actually be here to sign for it. FedEx sucks... I can't pick the package up, and if I'm not here when they deliver it (which would be while I'm working, cause I work 9-5) they resend it back to CA. Well that's just a bunch of BS!

stormin-nc

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
Did you request Fedex to hold it at the local depot for pickup? I've done that before, inform them nobody will be home and tell them you will come pick it up. When the truck gets in this evening, they'll pull it off and set it aside for pickup. Might be worth calling and requesting this.

JBWade

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2009
Did you request Fedex to hold it at the local depot for pickup? I've done that before, inform them nobody will be home and tell them you will come pick it up. When the truck gets in this evening, they'll pull it off and set it aside for pickup. Might be worth calling and requesting this.

Actually, if you call FedEx, they will arrange to pull the undelivered package off the truck once the driver gets back to the sorting facility.

There's a period of time between driver arrival and when the sorting facility closes to customers...if you've called ahead, they will arrange to have your package waiting for you. If you do this, you can still pick up your baby tonight.

Go ahead and take off tomorrow anyway; you'll want the extra time to explore your new toy.

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
Well, that figures.

The guy delivered it to the wrong house and since no one is here to sign for it, he took it with him on his deliveries :(

And I just took a half day to come and play with my machine :(

Guess I'll have to take tomorrow off as well so I can actually be here to sign for it. FedEx sucks... I can't pick the package up, and if I'm not here when they deliver it (which would be while I'm working, cause I work 9-5) they resend it back to CA. Well that's just a bunch of BS!

FedEx home delivery sucks big time. Call fedex and have him bring it back to the center, you should be able to pick it up the next day. I forget which road it is on in K-Zoo but the distribution center is east of Sprinkle Rd.

Which building do you work in, I worked in B-41 in injectable packaging from 2000-2004.

Good luck.

E

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.