Oh the irony...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BrettDS, May 15, 2015.

1. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

So I got my apple watch on launch day, but all along my wife had been holding out. Finally, a couple of weeks ago she decided to do a try on session in the store and she realized that she did want an apple watch. So on 4/28 we placed an order for a 38mm sport WSB. Originally it said "June" for the arrival date and last week it started saying "June 1 - June 12", but we were hoping it would arrive sooner.

I was on craigslist last night and saw someone selling a 38mm sport WSB for only $400, which was only about $25 more than I was going to pay for the watch and taxes from apple anyway, so I figured it was worth spending a little more to get the watch earlier.

The guy lived about 45 minutes away from me, so it was a bit of a drive, but I went and picked up the watch this afternoon. As soon as I got home I went online to cancel the order I had with apple and found out that between the time I left and the time I got back it had been charged and was preparing for shipping. I'll probably get the watch on Monday now.

All I can do is laugh about it. At least I didn't pay too much of a premium to save 3 days;)

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

On the bright side, you can now turn around and sell the one Apple is sending you and recoup the gas for the trip :D

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Oh man. Your 4/28 switched last night? That makes me hopefully. I have a 5/5 38 Sport WSB with the same June timeframe. Hopefully I get mine in that shipment. But probably not, still in processing #

5. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 6502a

It switched today, actually... It was still processing when I checked it this morning.

For what it’s worth, I saw someone post that their 4/24 38 sport WSB shipped last week friday, so that means they moved four days in a week, but hopefully they got fewer orders each day as time went on so you may get lucky next week:)

6. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm not to concerned. Since I don't have one at all now, I don't have anything to be missing so no big deal.

I won't get mad unless I don't get the watch delivered by 6/12