Oh the irony!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PowerFullMac, May 30, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I got the latest issue of the UK Apple magazine Mac Format yesturday and inside someone had written a letter to them asking why they didnt talk about jailbreaking and unofficial apps and they responded saying that it wasent supported by Apple and they didnt want people damaging their iPods or iPhones and blaming them... Only fair, but later in that issue there was a article about Hackintoshes!!!

That article has some funny stuff in it, too, a OSx86 user said "It has no IDE drivers, it dosent play sound, but its better than using Windows!" :rolleyes:

Sorry the pictures suck, I had to take them on my crappy old phone as I have no scanner. :(

Attached Files:

2. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

I got this and noticed that too, those condescending gutless hacks!

3. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

technically they really aren't that hypocritical. Hacking an iPhone/iPod could result in a bricked piece of Apple hardware. A Hackintosh is a collection of commodity parts that are made to run OS X. I don't know, it's maybe a small distinction, but a pretty clear one to me.

5. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

Both hacking an iPhone and using OSX on non Apple hardware are violations on Apple terms of use surely?

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Yes, but their reasons for not showing how to hack an iphone have more to do not wanting to be liable if someone bricks their phone than a violation of terms with Apple. At least that how I am reading it.

7. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

No one has permanently damaged their iPhone or iPod touch with ANY kind of software mod... Just thought I would let ya know... ;)