Oh what!!! Can I reverse this ???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ziphur, Jan 18, 2008.

1. ziphur macrumors member

ziphur

This afternoon the updates box appeared with three new updates, I clicked yes and I remember one of them being an itunes update..:)

I've just switched my laptop back on and firstly itunes looks really basic with none of my purchases displayed (some of my tracks that I purchased from itunes only seem to be playing for approx 30 seconds now!!!!) my dock has changed and has returned to the standard with loads of applications missing...I want to go back in time:(:( ..is there anything I can do??? I have OS X 10.4.11...

Oh noooooo my smartmail box folders have gone too

heeellllppppppppp please:confused:

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Are you sure you aren't trying to play the music from the store? Doing that will only give you 30 second clips.

3. ziphur thread starter macrumors member

ziphur

I wish, it's not all my tracks - I go to music at the top of the menu and the track I purchases today is now only playing 30 seconds approx...it was there earlier...

also going off topic a little but when I install leopard will i need to back everything up first- a friend said leopard will erase everything, another friend has said it wont :confused:

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

There is a bug that does indeed erase everything. The likelihood of it happening is very low, however. I'd still backup as a rule of thumb for upgrading.

About iTunes, I haven't heard anything like that. Is this only the iTunes purchased music you're having trouble with? Have you tried using spotlight to search for the files of the missing tracks?

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I think the key here is that the dock also changed so this affects more than just iTunes.

You didn't happen to rename your user folder, did you?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Going off topic with you, I would recommend that you back up everything anyway, but whether or not it will erase everything will depend on what install option you choose. If you choose upgrade, it shouln't delete anything. Howeverm if you choose erase and install ...

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, that sounds like a home folder rename scenario. See this link for fixes: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=274450