In the wake of all these rumors and news stories of updates and intel's new processors I'm sure there are many people here who are holding on to their good ol' G4's and whatnot while they wait for apple to release something that enables them to justify making the jump to a new machine. I thought it'd be fun for those of us who are still truckin' on old hardware to post pictures of and talk about the computers that have stood by us for all this time I've been using a 12" PowerBook G4 for four and a half years now and the only problems it's given me was a dead HD about three and a half years in. Replacing the HD led to (in combination with my carelessness) some of the cosmetic damage on the ol' boy seen below. I spent a good deal of time browsing the MR forums back in '03 while I was getting ready to make my purchase. It's a strange feeling coming back to it now that I'm ready to get the latest and greatest again. Back then, Macs were still all stuck on the G4 processor which at that point was lagging behind the competition quite a bit. The saving grace was going to be IBM's G5 which after all of the anticipation and excitement back then, isn't even in the line-up anymore. Who remembers the premature specification? At the same time, as they say, as much as things change, they always stay the same (or whatever). Even though the hardware's different, the basic discussions are all the same.. unfortunately, the discussions about apple's quality control haven't changed much In any case, I got off track. Let's hear about some other people who are still hanging on to old hardware for their main machines. What do you use it for? What are you upgrade plans? (if any) Mine's a rev. b 12" PB. I use it for e-mail, websurfing, all that, as well as statistical programs and office for school. The main thing that's getting to me about the PB is it's screen size (not very nice when you're using spreadsheets or staring at graphs for hours on end) and that a lot of websites and seemingly basic programs (like office 2008) are starting to cause slow-down. I'm waiting on the montevina updates to get a new MBP, but if there are a lot of rev. a bugs, then I'll probably just buy an external monitor and wait until apple works the kinks out.