Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Well Telstra (Australia) released their 4G network today. I'd really like to believe that the timing isn't just coincidental with the imminent new iPhone release. iPhone 4G here we come?

I'd be happy enough if the N94 prototype was the only new phone, and all that was improved was the A5 chip, 4G and better battery life (how they would do that, I don't know).

cursedearth

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Etisalat (United Arab Emirates) just announced their 4G network as well two days ago. Right before the apparent release of the new iPhone. Makes me feel this has something to do with the new iPhone .

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Apple plans well in advance based on their criterion. This rev will not include any significant connectivity changes.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
How is it valid? It's idiotic to even say that Apple won't change their plans for a phone that is likely already made and waiting for the iOS5 GM, because some companies are turning on 4G, especially when I was saying the opposite.

We can all hope together though. :p

wvphysics

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
How is it valid? It's idiotic to even say that Apple won't change their plans for a phone that is likely already made and waiting for the iOS5 GM, because some companies are turning on 4G, especially when I was saying the opposite.

We can all hope together though. :p

The first iphone was 2G even though ATT already had 3G. Apple has been known to hold off on adding features if they believe it will ruin user experience (i.e. bad battery life, unreliable reception). After antennagate, I would imagine theyll be even more cautious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.