Oh yes please! Please lt it be!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d0vr, Sep 27, 2011.

1. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Well Telstra (Australia) released their 4G network today. I'd really like to believe that the timing isn't just coincidental with the imminent new iPhone release. iPhone 4G here we come?

I'd be happy enough if the N94 prototype was the only new phone, and all that was improved was the A5 chip, 4G and better battery life (how they would do that, I don't know).

2. cursedearth macrumors member

Etisalat (United Arab Emirates) just announced their 4G network as well two days ago. Right before the apparent release of the new iPhone. Makes me feel this has something to do with the new iPhone .

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Apple plans well in advance based on their criterion. This rev will not include any significant connectivity changes.

4. j4bles macrumors member

And AT&T opened their LTE network last week, so it must be 4G LTE :rolleyes:

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Why LTE might kill the world phone:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390355,00.asp

LTE is being built on too many different spectrums to house in even two phones. LTE won't go into the next iPhone. It'd be too expensive for Apple to make that many different phones.

6. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

How is it valid? It's idiotic to even say that Apple won't change their plans for a phone that is likely already made and waiting for the iOS5 GM, because some companies are turning on 4G, especially when I was saying the opposite.

We can all hope together though. :p

7. wvphysics macrumors regular

The first iphone was 2G even though ATT already had 3G. Apple has been known to hold off on adding features if they believe it will ruin user experience (i.e. bad battery life, unreliable reception). After antennagate, I would imagine theyll be even more cautious.

8. stjohnswell macrumors newbie

good link