Oh ****!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lordjonny, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

:eek::eek::eek:OMFG!!!! my ipod fell out of its case bout 30mins ago as i got out of the car from work, there is a large gash in plastic rimming!!! what can i do , not much i guess, also a couple of marks on the screen is there any way apple will replace this??? or i can muck it up like with the jailbreak .tiff to fool them into a software problem replace? anyone!!!!

i am sad :(

2. e.magnusson macrumors member

Sorry, doesn't look like you'll be able to get a free return... you'll just have to buy another one. I cheated them once with my 1st Gen iPod Nano, I dropped it in water and I went to return it and they just immediately replaced it, you could try, but I doubt they would for you.

3. lordjonny thread starter macrumors regular

lordjonny

its still works fine lol
    everythings koshur apart from the unsightly gash and a couple of screen marks that are barely noticable, i wish buying a new one was a anoption but my money tree has frozen for the winter, ohwell i will have to drop it in water lol

4. Chris88 macrumors member

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I feel your pain.

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

i wouldnt do that. I read an article about how they have a a water detector on it to tell if you dunked it. Its inside the headphone jack. I think the article was on engadget...

anyone know what im talking about?

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I heard about that.

dunking it in water if it still works is a very bad idea, because most likely it will not get replaced with that sensor there and then you will have a non working iPod with a gash in it.

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

The iPhone certainly has a detector on it so I would have thought that the iPod Touch has one too.

9. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Yea there is a water-detector sticker inside the headphone jack, i can barely see mine

Also, I feel your pain, I had my itouch in my shirt pocket at work. I bent over to pick up a keyboard and it slid ever so perfectly out of my pocket, corner first, right onto solid brick flooring, bounced for what seemed like 15 MINUTES. Other than a couple of very small chips in the side, it seems to take a little bit of a punch

I feel that apple might have all the areas covered and have come to expect someone to try and scam them. good luck :)

10. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Microwave the sucker. Worth a try, and you can probably get your money back from posting it on Break.com.

Oh, yeah, and you would be my hero!

11. chall5 macrumors regular

probably be grateful it still works and be more careful next time

12. lordjonny thread starter macrumors regular

lordjonny

the big gash aint so bad but its the smaller speck on the screen that although barely visible i can see it because i know its there :( oh well i guess i should have bought the invisible shield when i thought about it lol

btw ifixit.com doesnt have ipod touch parts yet but i will check sgainsoon ccause they no doubt will do.