Ohio iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by K19L81M, Mar 30, 2011.

1. K19L81M macrumors newbie

So I saw the thread about our northern cousins up in Michigan, and had to start one on Ohio. So what about all of the Ohioans or Buckeyes out their...how have you been doing in finding your iPad? I have been to Columbus to get one...no luck. I am traveling to Cincinnati tomorrow...how have things been at the Kenwood Apple :apple: store?

2. smp4502004 macrumors newbie

I was trying to just search the inventory list that someone posted on here, and wasn't having any luck. Finally, last Saturday morning I decided to man up and wait outside at Easton, and luckily got the one I was waiting for, but now I noticed a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, so now I have to go and get a new one. My sister ended up just calling Target on Sawmill the same day, and they only had one, which was the one she wanted, so that was easy enough. You might just keep an eye on those inventory lists, and Target's list is usually pretty up to date.

3. cmoore49 macrumors regular

As I posted earlier in Columbus micro center thread.
    That just received a shipment today. At 1:40 this afternoon that had 18 black 32gb wifi available and some 64gb 3G white Verizon or at&t not sure.
    Call quickly. The operator had all the info.

4. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

I received mine at a walmart on launch day in a suburb of Dayton. The two local mac retailers around here had people camped out as well as the two closest Best Buy's.

There are several places you can check down here. There are 3 Besy Buy's in close vicinity - plus Target and Walmart have both had some - several of those around here.

You can also try calling those Apple retailers - Mac Depot and Mac Town. Kenwood Towne Center Ive found can be unreliable at best during new product launches. The products sell out too fast because everyone thinks to check there first. Good luck.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You might also try Wright State. The bookstore (Barnes and Noble) and the campus help desk which is an Apple Reseller. Bookstore in the student union, and the help desk is in the basement of Dunbar library.

6. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I got two of 'em a week after launch at the Cincinnati Central Target and another the next day at the Beavercreek (Dayton) Best Buy. They had a few of them in stock last weekend at both the Beavercreek and Dayton Mall Best Buys. I just can't believe that folks are still having such problems getting their hands on one.

7. irish2110 macrumors member

Just got mine at best buy Boardman...went back that evening and they still had several in stock.

8. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Must just be bad timing. Im kind of in the same boat as you. Ive walked into Best Buy and Target a couple of times and seen them in stock.

9. JonCh101 macrumors newbie

Forget the Apple store in Kenwood, why people keep camping out there is beyond me. Best place to find them is stores in less tech savvy/upscale area's. The Verizon iPads are easy to find if your willing to call around. The AT&T models are a whole different story. Best time to get them is mid week.

10. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

People are still camping out at Kenwood? That's insane!

11. tdfreeman macrumors member

I got a black 32GB 3G at Best Buy in Columbus while up there last week. The next day, my 64GB WIFI and 3G showed up. Both of those are still in the wrapper trying to decide what to do. I used certificates at Best Buy, so ended up "saving" $150. Really want to keep the 64GB 3G, but not sure I can justify the extra $250 for it. I may be getting a 4G MiFi, so the 64GB WIFI would be a good compromise in that scenario.

12. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Just return it. I sold one of the new-in-box AT&T 64GB 3G iPads I managed to find on eBay for $1300 on 3/22 and the very next day my Best Buy preorder (same model) arrived. I couldn't even get MSRP for that one on eBay.

13. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I picked up my black wifi from the Apple store at Polaris. They didn't have many. I got in line at 6am. They ran out after the first 15 people, but they received a shipment around 11am. It was Saturday, March 19.

14. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

Louisville had some almost everyday just a little further from Cincinatti

15. ihonda macrumors 68000

austintown ohio walmart
    cortland ohio walmart
    boardman target