Ok, a couple of questions. (MBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scorch07, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I know it seems like I've been asking a lot of stuff about my new MBP on here, but here are (hopefully) my final two questions.

For one thing, sometimes when I try to wake it up from sleep mode, I hear everything come on, but the screen and keyboard backlight (if dark enough) does not come on for a while. Just now I got tired of waiting and actually just had to hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on. Is this normal/a known issue or is this possibly a problem with my unit?

Also, why does my iStat widget list my battery health as 98%, while Coconut Battery shows that I have over the original capacity of the battery (100%+)?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

1. This problem happens to most users, you're not alone. I hope it will be fixed in 10.5.2 update

2. You can't really trust those programs.

3. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

1. Alright cool, glad I don't have to worry about getting mine fixed

2. Yeah, I know they're not the most reliable but stuff like that usually tend to agree with each other, where these are saying opposite things!

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

My iStats say my battery health is 95% while CoConut battery shows 100%. I guess iStats is more accurate then :). Don't really understand why they're showing different data as well.

5. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

dont you worry about the sleep issue, 95% of MBP users are having it

but, my suggestion is, wait a little when it wont wake up from sleep when you open the lid

because i did wait for around 10 seconds before until it's back on

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

What programs are you running when you set your MBP to sleep? Azereus by any chance?

7. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I usually do wait, which usually works eventually, but that one time when I had to turn it off I had waited at least two minutes.

As far as what programs I'm running when I put it to sleep, it' usually no programs at all (other than, well, Finder).

8. azhelkov macrumors member

It is safe sleep setting. If you don't like it, turn hibernatemode off in Terminal using pmset command.