Ok.. another shipping ? via apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pamon, Jan 6, 2008.

1. pamon macrumors 6502

So my new rig is being shipped from China. Left on 1/5, picked up 1/5, and showing in transit 1/7 in shanghai w/ an est delivery 1/9 by 1030am. When I called Apple last week a CS person stated a 1/8 date on delivery.

Odds that I'll see my shiny MBP on 1/8?

Can't tell f/ Fedex if it left China or not with a "in transit" message like that...

Wonder if it comes with some orange chicken and broccoli beef? :)

thanks all

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

on fedex's website, does it have an estimated delivery date? i would go by that over anything apple has to say.

3. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah. est delivery date is 1/9, was hoping for sooner... i'll wait and see...

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as an aside, i recently purchased an item with two-day shipping from amazon. while amazon's delivery estimate was the 3rd of january, ups' delivery estimate was the 4th. even though i paid for it to come by the 3rd, there's no fighting the ups guy; it came on the 4th. fortunately, i was able to get the money i paid for expedited shipping back. :)

5. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

cool. thanks for the info

i'm assuming since it says "in transit" that its actually left china? and it'll start somewhere in the US with another update sometime soon... argh

6. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Usually "in-transit" means it has departed the major fed ex hub going to your local hub then delivery..

7. ls10flpanyc macrumors newbie

definitey go by what fedex says. when i purchased my macbook last thursday, i decided to go with 2-day shipping (i wasn't sure if overnight would have it arrive on friday because i ordered at around 4pm EST). apple gave me a window for delivery of "january 7-january 8." when the fedex site had my tracking info. on it, they estimated delivery for the 7th, and behold, this morning, it is on the fedex truck for delivery :)

8. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

sweet.. just checked my status, now it's scheduled for int'l release in indianapolis tomorrow morning... guess it's not coming early... from china to alaska, to indianapolis, to california... yeah.. nice routing..

was hoping it'd go from AK to CA and then to me tuesday but will wait it out till wednesday...

darnit....