Ok, Does Push work AT ALL anymore? Whats going on?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iNfowarrior, Aug 4, 2008.

1. iNfowarrior macrumors member

Why does push e-mail no longer work?

I've been using push e-mail on my iPhone since launch day and it has worked consistently since. The last 2 days, NO PUSH whatsoever.

Um, hello? Isn't this supposed to WORK as opposed to NOT WORK? I don't get it. I try test e-mailing my .me and .mac addresses to no avail. There is no delay in receiving the message (old fashion fetch works just fine) but If I wanted to play fetch i would have bought a dog. Instead I'm paying $99 a year, have had no reliability and now PUSH, the one FLIPPING reason why I use Mobile Me, is now not working. Somebody please explain!

2. junebug1 macrumors regular

junebug1

Same here man. Zero push all weekend and still into today. The only thing that seems to help is to reset my iPhone and I will get one MAYBE 2 emails pushed after that but then its back to plain old manual check. This sucks and there is never any explanation. Hope they get it working again soon. Like 5 minutes ago soon.

3. iNfowarrior thread starter macrumors member

Well as it turns out, deleting your Mobile Me account and re-setting it up (which takes all of 3 minutes and can be done on the fly) seems to restore push functionality to the device.

Its been working for the past few emails. Lets hope it keeps working. JuneBug, try this ^ as it seems to actually work.

Needless to say, its pretty bad when i have to delete, erase, my account and then set it up again to fix THEIR problem.

4. bdebes macrumors newbie

Ok, does push work at all?

Yes. I have had the same problem since Wednesday last week. Tonight, however, Apple posted another update for iPhone. I downloaded the update via iTunes, and all is well again. Give it a try.

5. mike12806 macrumors 6502

After updating today, still seeing a lag in push email! I often don't get emails until I manually initiate an update! Why am I paying for this? AHH!

EDIT: It's working now, god knows for how long!

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it works when it's paired with Microsoft Exchange; now Apple's push just works sometimes.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5970351#post5970351