Ok finally getting some hope that apps can work

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by melman101, Dec 19, 2015.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

hey guys, I just want to say that after the latest dark sky update it now loads much much faster. Which definitely gives me hope for future apps to load fast as well. Because sometimes these apps take like more than 30 seconds to load and that's a really long time.

2. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Good to hear. There are plenty of apps that works fine, so not sure about the hope statement... just need to sift through them to find the ones that work well from those that don't.

3. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Well Dark Sky was the top recommended app and it was really slow. Also, I have trouble with the few apps I do try to use.

Citibank is great though.

4. redman042 macrumors 68020

Agree with the OP. With the release of WatchOS 2.1 and now app updates like Dark Sky, we are just starting to see an enjoyable third party app experience on the watch. Before this, it was pretty marginal.

It is encouraging to see what the watch is capable of with some time for the software to mature.

5. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Dark Sky just finally got around to fixing their app. They have had the same problem since Watch OS1. Some other apps have been loading plenty fast well before the latest Watch OS update. I really like Dark Sky on the iPhone, but Carrot weather has been must more reliable and faster on the watch... even before OS 2.1. Even though the Dark Sky developers finally got around to fixing their watch app, I still prefer Carrot's customizable complications.

I had to change apps a couple of times to find a set that worked quickly for me, but I landed on Fantastical Calendar, Dark Sky, Bring (groceries) and Due (reminders). All those apps have been fast and reliable on the watch for some time. Don't place all the blame on Apple for slow apps... it's usually more the developer's problem.