ok guys, this is it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

OK guys,

I'm tired of seeing problems on the forum. Nothing looks good for the new macbook pro, it's like screen is yellow, buzzing sound like tinnitus all the way, hot as a fire.......then again...how do you want to convince someone to buy a macbook pro. I wanted to buy a mbp, but now i got all scared of everything and all I see are problems.

So, im not like enthousiast to give Apple 2000+ dollars to get problems and have to deal with them....

So yeah..im mixed..dunno what to do....and sorry if I annoy you!

2. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Maybe it would help if you were a bit more clear about what you are asking? ;) :)

It just sounds like a general comment or "rant" right now. What response are you after?

If it is just a general "should I buy…" thread… well there are tons of those already. :eek:
    Also bear in mind there are far more "happy" buyers out there who have never even heard of MacRumors…

4. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

haha, relax man.

despite the myriad of information you can find on the forums, you gotta keep in mind that ppl that have a problem are more likely to open their mouths than someone that has nothing to complain about.

the purchase of a mbp should depend more on your absolute need rather than what could possible go wrong. not that you should ignore complaints, just take it with a grain of salt and realize that not every mbp that comes from cupertino is a dud

5. Mackan macrumors 65816

As someone may point out before me, the people with problems tend to post on the forums. You might get the wrong picture of a product from that.

6. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The MBP is a fantastic laptop/DTR. If you get a lemon, they will exchange it no questions asked.

7. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys, but seriously, most people who will buy a laptop don't care about hardware as much as we do. We are perfectionnists. We want everything to be perfect for each cent we give to any hardware company right?

Of course, as soon as I get my mbp, I will check everything to make sure everything is perfect...and I will probably find things I dont like...because nothing is perfect...but still....it just saddens me to see that you pay a huge amount of money and you may end up being screwed....damn fordism!! ehhe

8. danzzz macrumors member

From last year (Oct.) to now, I've got exchanged with FIVE MBPs due to different issues (dead pixel, hard drive noise, fan noise, hot bottom, yellowish screen).

So, we have to learn to live with those small "defects" this beautiful machine has.

9. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

OH MY GOD!! :( you killed me.

ps. is leopard flash compatible yet or are there still problems?

10. danzzz macrumors member

For me, I have not seen any problems on that yet.

11. zgnoud macrumors member

i got to agree. generally the forums are loud for complainers. me i just bought my first mac a couple of days ago ( 2.5gh penryn 15") and as far as i can tell it runs like a champ with defects what so ever (no dead pixel, yellow tint, buzz etc.). As i have no defects i have no reason to say anything regarding "problems" of my laptop on the forum - except for this post here. im sure that for every negative mbp posted here , there are 100 perfectly fine machines.

12. danzzz macrumors member

So right!

(sometimes I have to laugh at some people who said "my new MBP runs "silently")

13. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I think it is safe to say that there is a siginificant probability you will have a problem with your MBP (when I bought mine, the first 2 each had a screen problem), but it is also safe to say that if you have any problems the apple STORE (brick and mortar) will exchange it no problems if you buy it from them. My advice: buy from the apple store (brick and mortar) and deal with them and their managers directly.

14. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

the nearest apple store is 3 hours away by car and the certified sellers in town don't promote the apple discount for students...so..im stuck with no options than to buy online :(

15. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

That's rough, you can read my experience of buying a mac here. That might help you with your decision. Good luck.

16. aosman macrumors 6502

I have had a couple MacBook Pros (15" and 17"); they have been nothing short of perfect, and I am big perfection.

It is true that people that do not run into issues are not likely going to post on the forum.

17. Czechmac macrumors regular

I'd look at it this way:

There are always defective units, but most aren't. You mainly people writing that they have problems, because the people don't write anything when everything is fine (OMG could you imagine everyone who got a fully working MBP posting here that they got one? This server would probably crash :D).

Anyways, if it happens you have some problem with you new MBP then return it and get another one. Apple are really good about it.

I myself will test my MBP really well when it comes to see if there are any defects and if there are, well I'm off to geniuses in apple store.

18. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

Geeze! LOL

Seriously, I was scared to buy a mac with all the problems I see too..
    but I went ahead and bit the bullet and got a refurb iMac straight from apple.com.

I LOVE this machine - It's like new. I did have a problem with the keyboard. The letter "b" didn't work... but Apple sent me a new one and I had it 2 days later via DHL. I haven't had a single problem since then. Not even with Leopard.

You have to take all these complaints with a grain of salt. I am sure people out there have problems... but a lot more don't. It's not like most people are gonna start a thread saying - "Just wanted to tell you everything is fine & dandy!!"

Breathe - and buy a MBP if you want one... if you have a problem , let apple work with you to resolve it.

JMO

Ang

19. swmr macrumors regular

swmr