Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
Ok , so what seemed like nearly a week , my watch finally finished updating.

Now is like to give Siri watch face a go (I’m guessing most give it a go) , but after about an hour of it being my chosen face , I’m wondering what it actually does. Now I’m not expecting a huge comprehensive list of my day to day dealings & Business (well not straight away anyway) , but all I seem to have on the screen is a News headline & the time (also chosen date & messages complication) If I scroll , I get the weather today & weather for tomorrow. Now I want to give this face a go , at least a few days. Does it take a few days to populate etc , or are there settings I need to switch on. What is it meant to show & what’s it likely to show & how will it know to show it ?

Apologies for the amount of what , ifs & buts , but just wanted to make sure I was doing this Watch face justice.

Cheers for any info & help.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
My understanding is that the Siri Face will surface relevant things to your watch face at the right time. Of course it only works with 1st party apps right now so Reminders, Calendar etc. I think it's most useful for people with busy schedules who want to have their next meeting a twist of the crown away.

If apple were to allow Siri to surface third party apps it might become a bit more useful. I'd love to see Things 3 tasks show up on the Siri watch face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.