iPhone OK, How glitchy are Jailbreaks now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kannesss, Sep 27, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I had an iPhone 3G that I jailbroke. Back then, they would eventually become glitchy and slow. Does this still happen? All i want is a custom theme, slider and cosmetic things. I don't want free apps or anything. How is cydia now that its like the app store?

Just trying to see before i do this or not

2. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

well i wouldn't call it glitchy, since nothing bad has happened. I jailbroke about 2 months back and am using iphone 4 ios 5.1.1. i mostly install lockscreens, home screen icons & widgets and a few tweaks here and there. but yes, it has slowed down my phone a bit, which is understandable since im using home screen widgets and status bar icons and a new notification center. but its not slow enough to cause any significant concern. RedSn0w worked fine for me. took me 5-10 mins to jailbreak, no errors.

3. chokem macrumors 6502

This Absinthe jailbreak on my 4S running 5.1.1 is the most stable and non-problematic I've ever had on a jailbroken device. No glitches on mine.

4. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

NOTHING at all is "glitchy" about a jailbreak. You are making the phone like that.