OK, I am torn between cases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerZyT28, Oct 20, 2011.

1. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a headache from thinking about this too hard. lol. I've been looking at the Marware Microshell Folio for my iPad 2. I like how it looks, love the auto on/off feature, and i like how the front makes the stand like the smart cover. Then I find myself looking at the CEO Hybrid. I like how it has the hand strap, still has the auto on/off feature, but i am NOT a fan of cases that stand the way this does. Also, definitely not a fan of the carbon fiber look. So pretty much, what case do you recommend. I am leaving to go back stateside in a few hours and I was just wondering if stores like Best Buy carry cases like the M/S Folio. Like I said, sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't been stateside in 2 years so I'm a little out-to-date with US stores lol.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

check out the accessories forum for extensive and neverending discussions about such things :)

3. JerZyT28 thread starter macrumors regular

lol yea I forgot there was an accessories thread. Sorry, got my mind on 50 different things... just happy to be going home for a while lol...plus I already ordered the M/S Folio off amazon...Please close this thread!

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

For some reason I keep going back to case-less... it's just too pretty without it. Of course, I don't consider the Smart Cover to be a case.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I have the CEO Hybrid and love it. I got it when the iPad 2 was first released and it's wearing very well. I paid $50 for it and feel it was for every penny, it's survived a couple spills in it. For the ~$25 it's going for on Amazon now it's a steal.

6. lokiju macrumors 6502

I literally just yesterday received my CEO hybrid from Amazon for $25 shipped and couldn't be happier.

I looked at the micro shell folio but it stands on its side just like another leather case I've been using for a long time now and it annoys the hell out of me how unstable it is on a not hard surface like when I lay on my side and read in bed and want to set my iPad on the bed next to me. The micro shell stand style that's like the leather one I have just always falls over and sometimes before I caught it causing it to fall off the bed between the bed and my night stand. Woke my wife up every time.

With the CEO it's a thing of the past. It's very stable, a great look and feel and I love the hand strap option as well.

The magnetic sleep/wake function works great as well.

I didn't see it in any of the pics I saw online but the CEO also has a elastic band on the inside that helps keep it secured when closed up but it holds shut without it just fine.

Only negative I can say is it smells out of the box a bit but I'm sure it'll go away once it's had time to air out.