Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hi
I was saving money for college and had $14,000 saved up. I didnt need more than that(for tuition, etc) since i work full time to pay my rent etc.

My Fee's are $2000 per semester. I have only 2 more years left.

But i finally splurged on a Refurbished MBP with a free printer. It cost about $1600.

I am pretty sure, I can make that up by working some overtime at work, which is pretty common at my work(Hotel) during the summer.

Also, I think i deserved it. I have been working 40 hrs a week and taking 20 units every quarters and supporting myself. My GPA is 3.6.

Sorry if this sounds like a confession, but i just had to let it out.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Hey, no need to justify it to us. It's your money. You needed a computer and so you bought one. Those refurbs are a good deal. I'll probably be getting one myself soon.
Congratulations on your purchase.

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks
I didnt need one. I already had an Inspiron, but i never had a MAC. So, you can say i needed a MAC LOL.

soccerjoe5

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
woohoo congrats bud! i just ordered a 2.2 refurb and a brenthaven eclipse case/sleeve all for $1619! what a deal, i can't wait to get it!

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Yup.
I think i deserved it man. I work hard enough, I need to reward myself.

:)

mactastic1971

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Congrats!
I just ordered mine this afternoon - unfortunately its BTO so I need to wait till ~10th March before I get my hands on mine...

Waaaaaaaaa.....

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
I'll forgive your confession as long as you use your MBP for more than just surfing pr0n

chinarider

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Hi
I was saving money for college and had $14,000 saved up. I didnt need more than that(for tuition, etc) since i work full time to pay my rent etc.

But i finally splurged on a Refurbished MBP with a free printer. It cost about $1600.

I am pretty sure, I can make that up by working some overtime at work, which is pretty common at my work(Hotel) during the summer.

Also, I think i deserved it. I have been working 40 hrs a week and taking 20 units every quarters and supporting myself. My GPA is 3.6.

Say 3 "Hail Steve"s and you are forgiven. :)

markrivers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Stevenson Ranch, California
Hi

welcome to the refurb MBP club.. i just bought mine as well today! @ 1449 right?

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
It's still a public state funded university.

Agreed. But CSU's are usually cheaper than UC'S. UC'S are much better in the quality of education. Since i am paying for everything on my own i cant afford a UC education. Anyways for your reference here is the breakdown of the two univerisites

SB
http://www.registrar.ucsb.edu/feechart.htm

SJSU
http://www.sjsu.edu/faso/applying/costattendance/

Again im looking at only the fee's not cost of living since i already have a full time job to pay for all that.

The huge difference in fee's are quite fascinating

bennyboi

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
West Coast
Refurbs

Hello, if you're still reading replies, just wanted to let you know I purchased a refurb'd mbp over 6 months ago and it's operating wonderfully (knock knock). I do rigorous work on it beyond email and word processing and just wanted to congratulate you on your wise purchase. Enjoy :)

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hello, if you're still reading replies, just wanted to let you know I purchased a refurb'd mbp over 6 months ago and it's operating wonderfully (knock knock). I do rigorous work on it beyond email and word processing and just wanted to congratulate you on your wise purchase. Enjoy :)

Thank you sir. Glad to be part of the Mac Community

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.