iPad Pro ok i give up on ios or ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ratsaremyfreinds, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Ratsaremyfreinds, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019

Ratsaremyfreinds macrumors member

nothing ever works with this dang thing now it says error prepareing upload when i try to upload a video to youtube. every damn thing i try to do on this thing fails. iv uploaded tons of yt vids on andorid and windows no issues. but this 1000 dollar papper weight just dont work for me
    --- Post Merged, Jul 29, 2019 ---
    btw when i upload the video from my 150 buck windows laptop it works fine .

oses ive used was linux back in the old mandrake and redhat days and windows since around win 2000. no os has caused me more grief then ios. maybe im just to stupid for ios

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Either you haven’t figure out a way to upload YouTube using iOS, or that feature is not there yet. I don’t know cause I don’t upload YouTube video on a daily basis.

At this point, maybe stop trying to plug your desire or demand to iOS anymore. iOS is designed for people who has no idea what a file system is or how to mess up with files; for people who appreciate relative security and stability. If you can still return your iPad, return it, knowing that you will not regret trying out an iPad and more importantly, iOS.

3. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

4. sparksd macrumors 68020

You're not providing enough info for others to help (if you want help).

5. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

My exact thoughts.

6. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

typical ******* comment from you.. yeah i saw ya post b4 you deleted it. and mods i know im banned.

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

As Steve Jobs would say, you're using it the wrong way.

Get a Mac ;)

8. sparksd macrumors 68020

Try providing more information about what you're trying to do and how you are going about it. Without that, your original post stands as a useless rant and the responses you're getting reflect that.

9. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

for real everything on this thing has been a uphill climb i bought 4 cameras only one worked with ios . sadly i found out latter that mts dont work with ios. every os ive used before worked with all my cameras. the good news is my 4th camera works fine. but now when i go to you tube like i always done b4 i get a error when i try to upload the video. i had to move the video from my ipad to my laptop to get it to upload. i am sorry im so pissed but 1000 bucks is a lot of money in my wo
    the first issue was it may just be bad luck but 3 of my cameras did not work with ios .i could get the video to play with vlc but i could not edit it. now i cant upload to you tube it says something like error processing upload. so i had to move the video from ipad to thumb drive then to windows laptop and had to upload it from the laptop.
    ps 3 cameras not 4 the 4th worked

10. sparksd macrumors 68020

I remember the camera issue. Are you using the YouTube app?

11. Ratsaremyfreinds, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019

Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

yes sir . the youtube app. the bad thing is this is from my ring camera from a person i suspect is u to bad stuff. he keeps hanging out around my back porch around 4 am. i used to keep my custom kayak on back porch

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

That's interesting because there are a number of Youtubers who've gone the iPad exclusive route. "This Video Produced on iPad" is a disclaimer added on the end. They don't seem to mention issues putting their many videos on Youtube.

13. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

btw im no hater apple blows me away wit. h its hardware it is by far the best i have ever used. now if i can hack android on it id be so happy or linux ubuntu.
    ps the reason why windows sells so well is ya can give a windows pc to a chimp and in a few minutes the chimp can use it.a course he may get hacked 3 minutes latter.

14. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

update it stil says error preparing upload. but it seems to be on youtube anyways

15. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You used Windows 2000? I find it hard to believe you were using a computer 19 years ago.

16. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

Were you the one with the 10 year old pawnshop cameras that didn’t work with current tech? There’s ways to download YouTube videos using Documents by Readdle. However, you have to remember that YouTube wants you to pay to download their videos. They don’t want you doing it for free.

I upload teaching courses to YouTube. Why would I want you to download my videos without me knowing it? I bet a lot of content creators feel that way. This isn’t an iPad limitation. This is a YouTube and content creator issue. Contact YouTube and ask them.

17. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

i didnt say i used it when it came out .back in the day it was a great os for benchmarking
    --- Post Merged, Jul 30, 2019 ---
    yep but them cameras work on all my other devices.

18. BB1970 macrumors member

Download Chrome.
    Go to YouTube via that browser
    Request Desktop
    Upload that way

19. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

Well you’re other devices fit your needs best. Hope you’re not beyond Apples return timeframe. No reason to get frustrated over something that doesn't fit your needs. Apple may not be what you need. No big deal.

20. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

I can’t get this to work. I have Chrome downloaded on my iPad running PadOS which loads the desktop site. On my iPad it keeps automatically opening the YouTube app. When I click “download” on the video from Chrome or the YouTube app I get a pop up asking me to subscribe in order to download. There’s a paywall. This may be different by country?

21. Ratsaremyfreinds thread starter macrumors member

sadly no other company has the cpu and gpu power the ipad has hect even intel can get 7nm right

22. BB1970 macrumors member

Downloa
    Downloading YouTube vids is a YouTube Red feature. You need to pay. If you’re looking to download and bypass that, there’s a way. However, YouTube compresses and though something may be say 1080 on YT, it will be downloaded as 640 or 720 etc.
    That said, go to the App Store and get Documents by Readdle. It’s free. From there, google download YouTube vids to iPad. Somewhere someone has the process. I do it via GoodReader. Same idea, different app.
    Once you get the workflow going it’s a 3 minute process.

23. Ludatyk macrumors 68000

Ludatyk

Yup. And YouTube Red/Premium is a great deal IMO, I’m grandfather in the Family Plan for 15 bucks. Whereas it’s 18 bucks now.

Able to watch ad-free content and use YT Music (which I hardly use). I think over time, the price will rise due to what it’s offering, Google might end up breaking it up.

24. camedenliving macrumors member

25. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yep. I’ve uploaded videos to YouTube from my iPad and it’s pretty easy... assuming you’re uploading mp4 or mov. I have had issues with videos in other formats but it’s so infrequent I just use another computers or convert it (mostly when family give me a video they converted from VHS and want me to upload it and share). I usually use the YouTube app, but I’ve used Safari to upload as well.