OK... I give. Why won't my 3GS iPhone RING anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by quantum003, Sep 12, 2009.

1. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

I know this sounds dumb, but since I updated to that new iPhone software Thursday my phone has not made any noise while ringing. I have verified over and over inside of "sounds" that my killer Slayer ringtone is selected, and I can hear it play back in preview. I have also confirmed over and over that the volume selector on the side of the phone is at max. No dice. Incoming calls make no noise, my phone is not making any noise at all in fact, except for previewing my ringtone... text messages, keyboard clacks, nothing.

Anyone got an idea for me? :confused: Thanks.

2. jsook724 macrumors regular

is your phone on silent?
    look at the switch above the volume buttons?
    can you see an orange dot?
    if so then switch it so that you cant, that should help

3. quantum003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Ugh... how embarassing. The orange dot solved my problem! I never paid any attention to that switch, I guess I just figured it was a "hold" button. But it's actually a mute button huh? Pretty cool... :eek::eek::eek: :p

Thanks for your help!

4. bobdan35 macrumors newbie

I know this is a really old post. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. I too was embarrassed. I knew the moment I saw the words "orange dot" what was going on. Thanks for the help.