Ok I just ordered my MBP 2.93 17 - Some questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mmoran27, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mmoran27 macrumors 6502

I placed the order this morning.

How long does it usually take before it ships?

Apple says 1-3 days. Is it usually that long?

I didn't get anything custom except the faster processor.

It is showing a delivery of April 20-24. I guess that's not too bad.

Do you think they have worked out the kinks with the 17 yet?

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

always add 2-3 days onto what they said. that way if it takes a little more time you dont freak out.

3. shoppy macrumors 6502a

The hinge is tighter then my first 17" unibody in Feb. MY CTO 2.93 7200rm HDD, is a bit looser and took 11 days in total to arrive to me here in the UK after being shipped. NO dead pixels and I have not noticed any screen flickering.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's been my experience that a kinkless MBP is not possible without extreme effort, and when a new one comes out, it has different kinks. Not all of these are things you can see straight away. I received my complement of 17's in two deliveries, and I got good screens but a slightly bent chassis on all the machines - which I've not really bothered to do anything about since I wanted to start using them ASAP (although I did tell Applecare to note it down in case of future problems).

The UB17MBP has other internal problems but I'm counting on not encountering many of the issues - since the 9400M will work for me most of the time, and the notebooks will be mainly desktop-bound.

The 'ships within xx days/hours' is from the factory. i.e. If it says shipping within 3 days then it's 3 days + ship time from factory to you.