Ok, I think I am finally coming around to this iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by melman101, Jan 28, 2010.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

At first, I did not like it. I declared it an epic fail. I said that no multitasking is ridiculous. I said that no camera is ridiculous. Many many reasons why the iPad should be an epic fail. Yet, I went to sleep last night, and thought about it. Thought about all the times I come home and don't feel like pulling my laptop out of the bag, and everything. I thought about all the times I go to my parents house with my laptop, and now can just take the iPad. I thought about all the apps that I make (not that I make much money from them now), and how they could be amazing on the iPad.

Yes it is a bigger iPod touch. But as a developer, I am already cramming stuff on the iPhone screen to display. If I had much more room, I could make it amazing.

Just think about this. What if AOL came out with an AIM app that has your buddy list as the popover, your chat window on the side or something, and a Webkit browser all in one app.

I think I will be getting the $499 one.

2. TanToday macrumors member

Here is where the developers will find gold....

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

good article.

one thing that really speaks volumes is the App Store. The App Store has been a phenomenal success and explosion. Right now the iPad will run existing Apps, but imagine the success the developers will have and the great Apps we will get specifically for the iPad. It isn't just about the screen real estate getting bigger. The whole game changes with regards to that.

4. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Very true Sir! I have an iMac and a windows laptop, and when Im in a different room and want to access the net I really dont want to go fetch the laptop open it up,power it on and so on and so.....

5. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I was also disappointed with this release. Even though I felt many more features could have added, the difference between me buying and not buying it was a built-in webcam. If they had simply done that, I would have bought 2 of the best models plus accessories, and spent over $2000 for the pair. I had my credit card in my hand ready to pre-order in case it was available yesterday. Very disappointed, Apple.. and all my friends and family know me as the biggest Apple supporter. Until today, I had bought the iPhone on launch day for 3 straight years, 2 Unibody MBP’s on launch day, 2 iPod touch on launch day, and 1 27″ iMac on its launch day. Not this time though. All I was asking for was a built-in web camera and I could have absorbed the lack of other features. Oh well..

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

If somebody makes an Audio Editing app similar to Audacity, Propellerhead Recycle or Soundforge. I would consider buying one.

Developers please consider an audio editing app like this for the iphone/ipad.
    Simple Non-destructive WAV editing, slicing, with a few filters and Effects.

I guarantee you will make big dollars.

7. kroeks macrumors regular

I agree with you on most of the things
    but what i think is that they still held on to the "reachable" part
    the part of people able to buy it.
    I agree, it isn't a step in future like apple always did, it's more a combining of low-end laptop things and iPod touch features.

yet i think this is just to get feedback.
    It's affordable, apple will soon work on a version which is more customer based. They just set the fishing angle with bait, and they'll replace it for something better when they notice there is more needed.

(sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my point :p)