Ok i thought my 1st gen didnt have a speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StlSportsMed, Feb 20, 2009.

1. StlSportsMed macrumors member

I have noticed that when in cydia and others and am typing, my ipod touch clicks with each letter i press.

wtf

2. dagored macrumors 65816

It is not a speaker, I think its called a transducer(?) Not good for music if that is what you are after. We are talking 1st gen, right?

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

yeah .. 1st gen has a little piezo speaker ... just can produce about 3 or 4 simple tones

iPod used it for alarms, keyboard response and unlock sounds ... not a lot else

2nd Gen has a proper (albeit very small) internal speaker to produce real sound

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Yes that speaker is pretty much useless when it comes to music. But if you've ever heard the 2G speaker, it's nothing much to brag about either :(

5. reubs macrumors 68000

Speaking of which, is there anything out there can add to the default sounds of the transducer? If you've ever used those alarms, they don't really seem ideal for much. Or is the transducer something completely separate that already has a few sounds specific to it and cannot be altered at all?

6. brax.j macrumors regular

It just depends on the transducer the one in the 1st gen. iPod Touch only has the ability to make 5 different frequencies.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, the 1G had this "speaker" but it only plays a few tones. The 2G has a "speaker" that can play music. Whenever my friend (noob) brags about his 2G being all that, I bust out my BB Pearl with a real speaker. :D