OK... I'm about to jailbreak but...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sdahe, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I want to know any issues or problems with the new Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 from users that have already jailbreak their phones.

Is it working ok?... like the past jailbreaks?

Is the battery life OK?...

Anything at all?

Thanks

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

3. techguy20 macrumors 6502

+1...

In any case, you should be okay to jailbreak. Worst case, you can just restore from backup to the non-jailbroken OS via iTunes.

I haven't heard of any major issues, so you should be okay.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Better is a matter of opinion. For you it is probably better. For me, it is not. I can do a ton more things with my phone that you can't.

For the OP, the jailbreak via Redsn0w is solid. No issues. And the devs have been going back and retroactivating tweaks that were good for 4.3.3 like bootlogo's. And the jailbreak is worth it if onlyyou get IntelliscreenX. Apple should def incorporate this app into iOS 6!

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Can you give me the link to download Redsn0w?...

I used to have my iphone 4 jailbreak and got the bitesms... that was a very nice app

6. Mac?Daddy macrumors member

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Keep scrolling down the page, link is under "untethered holidays"

7. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Thanks... I'll have it in my computer until I decide to jailbreak...;)

This will jailbreak ios 5.0.1 right?

What's the difference from Redsn0w to Absinthe?

8. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Absinthe is for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s as they are A5 devices. Redsn0w is for other devices.

9. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

That means I need Absinthe...

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it really that hard to search for 2 seconds and find out what program you need and to download it?
    You need us to give you a link too?:rolleyes:

11. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

No, its not hard. I ask and it's up to someone to give the info. What's wrong with that?. You never asked for a link before?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, because my google works.
    I rather search and find the link myself in 2 seconds than post and then sit there and wait for people to hold my hand and do all the work for me.
    If you have a specific question about the JB or whatever I see it but you cant even find Absinthe yourself without someone giving you a link?
    If not then you should never bother JB in the first place IMO.
    Good luck though.

13. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Ok

14. Trey1984 macrumors regular

15. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

sure if you like shh, theme and such for your phone. I like mine stable I've been jailbroken since 2007 first iphone and unlocked got really tired playing cat and mouse then the waiting game. If I was gonna jailbreak for tweaks and such I would rather use my galaxy android phone instead. Iphone stays stock and factory unlocked best way for me.

16. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Intelliscreenx, sbsettings, activator, anyattach, colorkeyboard is nice, asmis folderenhancermand foowtaion, ifile, zephyr, and so on...
    Justnso many tweaks out there to customize your phone.

But even if I totally mess everything up, there are no backs, plus, backup ssh blobs, etc, all to,allow,you to,fix your phone and be on yourmway.

17. anirudh macrumors 6502

I hate theming my phone. Apple pays its designers **** load of money and I have found the iPhone looks better the way it is. Sure, there are some great themes out there, but after a few days, when you get back to stock, you realize that it was exactly how the iPhone was meant to be :)

That being said, PLEASE JAILBREAK your phone. Just don't go crazy and install whatever looks cool :D But the functionality JBing offers cannot be matched by a Non JB'd phone.

I am jailbroken on 5.0.1 and have the following installed

Zephyr
    Typophone
    iFile
    Clock Hide
    Springtomize
    Wifi Notification Center Widget

I simply hate laggy behavior and things that look 'non apple' on an Apple product. The softwares that I have integrate really well into iOS and makes using an iPhone so much more productive IMO

18. mi3x macrumors member

Typophone needs winterboard, right?
    Looks nice, tho I won't install winterboard just for that... :apple:

19. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Its funny how people buy an iphone to make it look like an Android. They will never be pleased with what they have. Im sure if they would have an Android... they would make it look like an iPhone.

20. anirudh macrumors 6502

Oh yes, I forgot to mention Winterboard. But apart from Typophone, I don't skin my iPhone in any other way :)

And OP, I don't think anyone here wants their iPhone to look like a droid

21. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

yea thanx for the infos, but if you had read wat I said I'm no noob to jailbreaking and unlocking. That's why I said I like it stock more stable especially with all the crap you installed I'm sure one day or the other it will crash. So if I ever want all you mentioned I go with my galaxy.

22. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Actually Apple was there before android, if anything WinMo was first (which really sucks) and later on copied Apple springboard with the HTC theme which Google "borrowed" from HTC on the first android phones (made by HTC)

Although i hope Apple one-day will be more open source, HTC together with Microsoft tried to block modding aswell, but let it slide cause most really good tweaks and apps came from the modding scene.

Android is semi-open source, you still have to root.

Apple now has done the same with it notification center which is ok, but not nearly as good as Lockinfo or InteliscreenX.

I used to be an WinMo user with 6 consecutive HTC smartphones until the switch to Apple. The experience is much better, have tried Android, only the latest version can come close to an iPhone and it is miles behind with total system integration like Apple has.

Jailbreaking and modding is not for everyone and if stock works better for someone fine by me, i like tinkering and modding and am very happy with my gadgets :)

23. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

So if you don't believe in jailbreaking your phone or any of the tweaks, why are you even bothering to post inn this thread or in this section of MR? No one in your cares for your opinion of keeping the phone stock. I'm sure you can find plenty of Samesung owners you can talk to on another board.

24. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Jailbreak

I don't theme my phone I think it looks fine and I'm sure that's why I had springboard crashes with previous jailbreaks. Now that I don't use winterboard I haven't had one crash with the new jailbreak it's very stable for me.

Most of the tweaks I use are for shortcuts. I am very satisfied with the latest jailbreak it's as healthy as it was stock and a lot more options.

25. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

its not about believing or not. Its all about being stable or not. I'm here cuz that's how I roll umad? Like I said read or read wat I said jailbreaking is koo until your phone crash or even brick. That's how this thread start anyway by asking if the new jailbreak was stable amirite? Noob gonna noob!