Ok I'm being driven crazy...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Georgio, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

By not being able to lock the damn icons in place on my iPad.
    I know it sounds trivial, but my three toddlers love to use the pad and it keeps them occupied for hours, but the little 'darlings' always drag my icons around, mash them up into floders where I can't find them, empty the dock and generally trash the UI.
    Tonight I get in from work and it's the worse yet, so I lose my rag and ban them all from going on the pad for a day. My wife thinks I'm some bad tempered ogre who can't/won't share my rattle etc.
    So quite simply, why the hell did apple remove the icon lock in the dim distant OS and is there actually a way to lock the icons/folders through an app./trick?

Oh and a toddler 'drool' proof screen covering that worked would be useful as well.

Mr being driven slowly insane..:eek:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Parental controls have any setting you can use?

3. Georgio thread starter macrumors 6502

Georgio

Hmm, that's so obvious as to be brilliant if there is a setting in there, thank you... ;)

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Christmas is coming
    The goose is getting fat
    Please put an iPad in your
    Toddlers' Christmas hat

:D

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am not sure and don't have my iPad nearby, but I wondered if it were possible.

6. bob8490 macrumors newbie

Springtomize 2

If you are jailbroken, download Springtomize 2. It has options for locking icon arrangement :)

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

Give the toddlers a ball to go outside and play with, and keep the several hundred dollar device in the hands of the adults?